Vindheim 2nd Coronet Tourney
- 1 Event Details
- 2 Event Announcements
- 3 Coronet List Announcement
- 4 Youth Activities
- 5 Guests of Honor
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Media and Memories
- 8 Special Events/Occurrences
- 9 Tales of Vindheim Coronet Tourney II
Event Website: https://ansteorra.org/namron/events/vindheim-summer-coronet
Date: June 18, 2022
Where: Denny Crump Rodeo Arena, 215 N Country Club Rd, El Reno, OK 73036
Event Highlights Include:
- Consort’s Social: Her Serene Highness invites all to the first Vindheim Consort Social! Guests are encouraged to come have tea and officially meet the Consorts before the Tournament begins. Please visit and wish all the consorts good luck as one will become our future Serene Royal! Light snacks will be served.
- Procession of Combatants and Consorts
- The Tournament!
- Children's Activities
- Vindheim Bake-Off
- Vigils and Elevations
FREE lunch included with registration! Menu: Pasta Salad, with chicken and fruit.
Event Stewards: Boiarynia Koia Karasova, mka Kelly McKinnon - email@example.com
Frú Kolfinna Egilsdóttir, mka Kara Hoyle - firstname.lastname@example.org - 405-561-1153
Site is Very DRY (no alcohol).
- No glass containers in the arena.
- Service animals only; no pets.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. They may also attend with a 21 year old or older adult with a signed and notarized Minor Event Waiver Form from the parents.
- Adult Event Registration: $15
- Adult Member Discount Event Registration: $10
- Under 18: FREE
- Please make checks payable to: "SCA Inc./Barony of Namron"
Populace Support: Darian De Shameless
Vigils Liaison: Kyna Terricsdottir
Logistics: Vincenti da Murano
Gate: Sibeal inghean ui Ruairc
Marshal-in-Charge: Sibeal inghean ui Ruairc
Herald-in-Charge: Elena Wyth
List Coordinator: Michelle Chantal de Charente
Consort Social: Fynn Alreksson
Scribal Coordinators: Isaac Bane & Cera ingen Fháeláin
MOC: Emma O'Ruairc
Site Maintenance: Koke Gan
Waterbearing: Kiah of Northkeep
Merchant Coordinator: Sorcha McCullogh
Vindheim Bake-Off & Bake Sale: Karl Thorgeirsson
Decorations coordinators: Elric Dracwin & Dominique Michelle le Vasseur
Tavern Coordinators: Micolay Haiduk & Uliana Haiduk
From Their Highnesses
It is with excitement and a little sadness that the summer coronet tourney comes into view! Her Highness Deanna and I know that this event will be full of pageantry and good times as our successors are chosen. Deanna and I are asking each and every fighter in the Principality who has the ability to fight and carry the burden of the Coronet, to please enter and participate in the day. We believe that the diversity of our populace is our strength and we ask for that strength to help us continue to forge and temper the Principality going forward.
As was previously stated the format of the tourney is as follows:
The tourney will be in two parts. The first part being a Swiss Five with the weapon styles of great axe, glaive, six foot spear, great sword and counted blows at the barrier with a single handed weapon. The eight fighters with the best record will advance to the second part, which will be a best two of three fighter’s choice of weapon. If more than eight fighters have scores that qualify being in the second phase, the fighters with the lowest record will fight single elimination bouts with weapons of my choice until only eight fighters remain.
Each participant will need to submit a letter of intent, confirming themselves, their consort, and their plans of how they would like their chivalric champion's tourney to be run. The chivalric champion's tourney will be held directly following the Coronet tourney. Letters of intent must be emailed to the prince and princess email addresses as well as the principality seneschal. All letters of intent must be received by us no later that midnight June 11, 2022. Please remember to arrange for an Officer of the Principality to speak for you at the tourney!
We look forward to everyone who is able to participate to please do so, and the selection of our successors.
Initial Registration Announcement
Gentles of Vindheim!
Registration is now open to compete in Vindheim’s Summer Coronet Tourney!
Eligibility to enter will be determined based on Principality Law available at: https://ansteorra.org/vindheim/.
The tourney will be in two parts.
- The first part being a Swiss Five with the weapon styles of great axe, glaive, six foot spear, great sword and counted blows at the barrier with a single handed weapon.
- The eight fighters with the best record will advance to the second part, which will be a best two of three fighter’s choice of weapon. If more than eight fighters have scores that qualify being in the second phase, the fighters with the lowest record will fight single elimination bouts with weapons of the Prince’s choice until only eight fighters remain.
Each participant will need to submit a letter of intent, confirming themselves, their consort, AND their plans of how they would like their chivalric champion's tourney to be run. *** The chivalric champion's tourney will be held directly following the Coronet tourney.***
Letters of Intent ARE required and are due to Their Serene Highnesses and the Principality Seneschal by midnight on 6/11/2022
Registration closes at midnight on 6/11/2022
Coronet Tourney is on 6/18/2022
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have
HL Rebekah Aleyn, CSM
Populace Support Announcement
We are pleased to announce that the Vindheim Coronet Tournament will offer Populace Support services!
Attendees with mobility limitations, traveling alone with small children, or otherwise in need of assistance transporting items from vehicles and settling in, can request a staff member while signing in at gate.
To volunteer as a Populace Support Staff member, please contact Lord Darian (email: email@example.com).
Boiarynia Koia Karasova
Frú Kolfinna Egilsdóttir
Coronet List Announcement
Below is a listing of those who will be competing for the Coronet in the Summer Coronet List. From this list of worthies the next Coronet of our fair principality will emerge. We would ask for the populous of Vindheim to support whoever is victorious and to continue to work for the betterment of the Principality and the Kingdom!
- Sir Vincenti de Murano fighting for Duchess Margherita de Mantua
- Centurion Charles the Grey of Mooneschadowe fighting for Mistress Elsa von Snackenburg
- Master Bahadur Uriangqadi Cinoajin fighting for Mistress Adriana Lorelle
- Centurion Micauley Morison fighting for Baroness Caterina Giovanni di Gilead
- Lord Taidghin O'Quinn fighting for Lady Diana de Blyth
- Duke Jean Paul de Sens fighting for Duchess Gilyan Alienora of Clonmacnoise
- Centurion Turpin Tyme fighting for Armiger Nalkah Um Al-Jafna
- Lord Karl Hungus fighting for Lady Rebekah Aleyn
- Centurion Alexandre Crane fighting for Honorable Lady Yzabeau Brossier
- Count Daffydd Whitaker fighting for Countess Octavia de Verdon
- Sir Geoffrey de Gourney fighting for Mistress Adalia Vondemberg
- Sir William Cameron deBlakstan fighting for Mistress Marguerite Dinard
- Lord Ivo Baller fighting for Lady Elizabeth Brewer
- Sir Wulfgard Martel fighting for Lady Iziaslava Veronikeia Myshkovicha - Registered, unable to compete
- Centurion Skeggi Berbeinn fighting for Lady Emmelina de Medelande
Deanna and I look forward to seeing each and every one of you at the Coronet List to share in our joy as our successors are chosen.
Be safe and well until we see you next.
- 10:00 - 10:25 : Heraldic terms
- 10:30 - 11:25 : Create Your Own Heraldic Banner
- 11:30 - 12:00 : Voice Heraldry
- 2:00 - 3:00 : Bee Good - Learning about Bees
- 3:05 - 3:30 : Heraldry Quest
Guests of Honor
Visiting us from afar were ....Countess Morgana of the Mist from Gleann Abhann, Countess Claudia Lisabette Senetori from the Outlands, and Dame Jane Beaumont from Gleann Abhann.
- Cera ingen Fháeláin created personalized 100% original calligraphed and illuminated invitations for the Crowns of Calontir, Gleann Abhann, Outlands, and Ansteorra, as well as the Barons & Baronesses of all the groups in Vindheim.
Media and Memories
Following the conclusion of the Coronet Tournament itself, the tournament for Prince’s Champion will be held. Format is to be decided by their newest Serene Highness, and as such, the format will be a surprise. I have found my time as Romanius’ Champion to be very fulfilling and educational and am deeply honored with the time he devoted to my personal growth. Other, lighter perks of the job included getting to hold a wicked sword and seeing the smiling faces of my friends in court up close as they received recognition. I know that whoever my replacement is will feel the same fun and honor in being a part of our Principality’s formative years as I did.
- 4th Installment of the Vindheim Bake-Off, raising $371 for the Principality - Hosted by Karl Thorgeirsson and Toinette de Cambrai. The Bake Off winner was Zubeydah for her Kahlua Brownies.
- Elevation to the Order of the Pelican: Jutte von dem Berg: Video by Khayra bint Tahir ibn Rashid
- Elevation to the Order of the Pelican: Caterina Giovanni di Gilead - Video] by Khayra bint Tahir ibn Rashid
- Elevation to the Order of the Laurel: Gwenllian verch Madyn - Video] by Khayra bint Tahir ibn Rashid
- Centurion's Circle
- Order of Chivalry Circle
- Prince's Champion Tournament: Victor - Earl Dafydd Whitacre
(Click on link above)