Elsa von Snackenburg
|Order of Precedence|
Azure mullety Or, in chief a stick shuttle argent.
- 1 Mistress Elsa von Snackenburg, OP, Lion of Ansteorra, Defender of the Dream
- 1.1 Other Registered Heraldry
- 1.2 Offices:
- 1.3 Persona History:
- 1.4 Interests:
- 1.5 Timeline of Activity:
- 1.6 Populace Provided Information:
- 1.7 Storytime with Elsa!:
- 1.8 Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- 1.9 Affiliations:
- 1.10 Mundane Information:
Mistress Elsa von Snackenburg, OP, Lion of Ansteorra, Defender of the Dream
Previously Known As:
Other Registered Heraldry
- Local Offices Held
- Knight Marshal of Mooneschadowe (July 2005 to July 2007)
- Seneschal of Mooneschadowe (July 2007 to July 2009)
- Reeve of Mooneschadowe (January 2010 to October 2012)
- Regional Offices Held
- Northern Regional Exchequer (October 2012 to July 2014)
- Kingdom Offices Held
- Kingdom Chancellor of the Exchequer (July 2014 to October 2017)
- Domesday Deputy (October 2019- )
- Social Media Deputy (July 2019- )
- Gulf Wars Department Head Offices Held
- Fighter Support (March 2015, March 2016)
As written for the Sable Swap:
Elsa was born in Germany to a family of lesser nobility who discarded their honors in sympathy with the Hussite Rebellion (c. 1410 CE). Suddenly dispossessed, Elsa (somehow) met and fell in love with a Milanese (c. 1450 CE) soldier, and married him when he became a Centurion and therefore able to support her studies as an Apprentice.
Born in 15c Germany.
Learned diverse textile arts from friends in my early days in Mooneschadowe (2005).
Apprenticed to a Dane/Saxon Silversmith of the Kudzu (October 2009).
Married a 15c Milanese Centurion (July 2010).
Two: Stick shuttle with a snake; stick shuttle with a star. [Emblazon to be added.]
- Checking out what Charles has in the works
- Lampwork Beads with Bea (April 2011)
- Lucet braiding
- Cooking things that include saffron (I've had happy times with researching Moorish cuisine)
- Compiling/updating documents on the Ansteorran Wiki
- Elsa's Event Write-Ups
- Elsa's Timeline of Activity
Project and Class Notes
Mooneschadowe's Gulf War Things
- Stewards of Guardian/Triumphe
- Mooneschadowe Event Steward's Little Helper
- Triumphe Feast Steward's Little Helper
- Mooneschadowe Demo Strategy and Tactics
- A&S Competition Preparedness, by Elsa
- Pavilions of Mooneschadowe
- Mooneschadowe Triumphe Documents
Timeline of Activity:
First seen: "In the Mooneschadowe Army-Half-Shelter Ghetto at Gulf Wars XI."
Often seen: "Weaving (or maybe knitting) under a tree."
Ask me about finer points of money handling in our Kingdom!
Populace Provided Information:
Storytime with Elsa!:
NOTE: In true "Elsa story" form, this must start with "This one time," and the chorus supplies "at band... camp...?" and Elsa restarts: THIS ONE TIME!
Skorragarrdr Axeman II, February 2007
This one time, we played an enthusiastic game of 'It'll be horrible, let's do it!'
Skorragarrdr was having their literal second event, under similar conditions as their first, so we knew to expect:
- Bitter cold
- No shelter (they _did_ have a tent with hot beverages, the second year! we huddled with a space heater for a bit!)
- Primitive amenities (the site had flushies and outdoor showers)
Yeah, we day-tripped that one, because camping the previous year was a Lesson Learned.
There were more than 5 Mooneschadin in my party - when we got to site, we dispersed, as a traveling party does.
My Namron/ Skorragarrdr friends were up for an adventure, so we hiked the (sodden) fields to see if the rumored horses were friendly. I had trepidation about all that, but I think someone in the party was familiar with the fuzzes - anyway, they were unbothered by our attention as far as we could tell. (I think someone got in trouble about that - oops, and sorry to whomever we gave offense.)
But my allergies kicked up Something Fierce. After a bit, I'd been sufficiently dreadful to be around that people pooled drugs and blankets and a chair for me.
One of my Very Most Favorite event photos of me was taken at that event. This was when I knew I could feel at home outside my home group, and in the SCA in general - in this particular vein of "nerd hobby."
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- Named a Mistress of the Order of the Pelican by Jason I & Margherita de Mantua I.
- Named a Lion of Ansteorra by Jason II & Margherita de Mantua.
- Ansteorra 40th Year support at Volunteer Point, Fighter Support, and Social Media.
Libby has a Bachelors in English (Literature) and a minor in History from Oklahoma State University.
After graduation, Libby worked in Interlibrary Services (ILS) at the campus library, for nearly five years.
Since 10-2009, Libby has worked as a Senior Editor for Fire Protection Publications (FPP) a publishing company that writes training manuals for firefighters in conjunction with the International Fire Service Training Association (IFSTA), a nonprofit organization that represents an international audience of Fire and Emergency Services Responders/Technicians.
Libby knows things about subjects including:
- Fire and Emergency Services Instructor (how to teach complicated and life-saving topics)
- Search and Technical Rescue (ways to find and save people from bad places, using ropes)
- Building Construction (things firefighters can know about buildings just by looking at them)
- Hazardous Materials Technician (how to be the person who gets called when the _weird_ bad stuff happens)
- Marine Firefighting for Land Based Fire Fighters [post-validation finalization] (fighting fires at ports and docks and marinas)
- Fire Investigation (stuff you can know about a building after it's burned)
- Fire Instructor with Live Fire Instruction (how to teach complicated and life-saving topics, in simulated/controlled environments)