|Order of Precedence|
- 1 Honorable Lady Sorcha McCullogh
- 1.1 Additional Registered Heraldry:
- 1.2 Offices:
- 1.3 Persona History:
- 1.4 Interests:
- 1.5 Timeline of Activity:
- 1.6 Populace Provided Information:
- 1.7 Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- 1.8 Affiliations:
- 1.9 Mundane Information:
Honorable Lady Sorcha McCullogh
Previously Known As:
Additional Registered Heraldry:
"Ut sútúram feceris, ita lacerábis"
("I rip, therefore, I sew")
- Local Offices Held
- Regional Offices Held
- Prior Deputy Hospitaler for the Northern Region
- Hospitaler for the Northern Region
- Principality Offices Held:
- Hospitaler for the Principality of Vindheim
My Father was a Norse merchant and my Mother the daughter of a minor Scottish Noble.
They met during one of my Father's adventures when he came across my Mother tending a newborn lamb tangled in the heather. He was betwitched by her blue eyes and sheepskin leggings.
The rest is history.
- Voice Heraldry
- Helping with Feast serving
- General Wenching
Timeline of Activity:
1985-1992: At the age of thirteen, found the SCA by stumbling into a Demo held on an Army Post in the middle of the Mojave Desert. Became a member of Rath Fionan, in the Barony of Drieburgen, Caid.
1993-Current: Moved to Ansteorra from CAID. Currently residing in the Shire of Brad Leah, Principality of Vindheim.
Populace Provided Information:
Second Coronet of Vindheim
Posted to Facebook on October 21, 2022.
Greetings, Vindheim! In case you don't already know them, here is an introduction to the Principality Hospitaler, HL Sorcha McCullough.
As an SCA participant since she was a teenager, Honorable Lady Sorcha is working hard to ensure that every group in Vindheim has an active Hospitaler, and the tangible resources this important office needs, such as flyers and business/contact cards. She hopes to see the Hospitaler's office become more recognized for its vital importance to our Society - just as it "takes a village" to raise a child, it takes a Society to help grow and nurture new members - be that village a Canton, Shire, or Barony. She believes that building close-knit support structures within our groups helps drive demos, activities, and participation. She has the perspective that comes from living in multiple Kingdoms and seeing how a wide variety of groups tackle important issues, and still has fond memories of that first demo in the middle of the Mojave desert (the Stronghold of Rath Fionan, in CAID.) She uses that knowledge and experience to overcome her natural tendencies to be an introvert and says that she likes to go out of her way to help and teach others. "Much to my Pelican's distress, I do have a fondness for shenanigans. Want to make mischief? Come find me! We'll go ahead and do something Official while we're up to high jinxs."
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- Minstrel of Mooneschadowe, 2012
- Bard of the Barony of Eldern Hills, 2012
- Bard of Dragonsfire Tor, 2012
- Bard of Glaslyn, 2012
- Frequent service as an Event Steward:
- Celtic Games 1998
- Rapiers and Romance I (2013)
- Rapiers and Romance III (2015)
- Participated in the Savage Daughter online project
- 2022 Bardic Champion of the Barony of Bonwicke - competition held at Two Artisans Two Bards in Brad Leah, June 18, 2022
- Event Steward, Vindheim 3rd Coronet Tourney, December 10, 2022, in Brad Leah
Non-Armigerous Awards and Recognitions:
- Gilded Gurnch - a service award for the Barony of Eldern Hills, 2017
- Married to Thomas Westleigh
- Protege to Mistress Marguerite Dinard
- Member and Matriarch of House Anthrax
- The Voice of Reason for The Black Company. Known as Lady Reason.
Sorcha McCullogh on Facebook.
In Case of Court: