Myrgenfeld Collegium, June 2021
Photo by Zubeydah
|Order of Precedence|
Gules, a talbot rampant argent and in canton a mullet of six points Or.
- 1 Honorable Lady Rebekah Aleyn
- 1.1 Additional Registered Heraldry:
- 1.2 Offices:
- 1.3 Persona History:
- 1.4 Interests:
- 1.5 Timeline of Activity:
- 1.6 Populace Provided Information:
- 1.7 Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- 1.8 Path of Service:
- 1.9 Affiliations:
- 1.10 Mundane Information:
Honorable Lady Rebekah Aleyn
Previously Known As:
Alternate Persona: Deborah Bee
Additional Registered Heraldry:
The following badge associated with this name was registered in August of 2018 (via Ansteorra): (Fieldless) On a mullet of six points azure a bee proper (for Deborah Bee)
- Local Offices Held
- Regional Offices Held
- Prior Deputy Northern Regional Seneschal
- Northern Regional Seneschal
- Kingdom Offices Held
- Prior Asterisk Herald - Herald in charge of Heraldic Submissions
- Prior Gulf Wars Liaison, Gulf Wars 38
- 1300s Jewess living in England
- Service: Organizational work, Financials, Event Stewarding
- Beekeeping: I have 7 hives.
Timeline of Activity:
- 2016: Began participating in Haldtre - The group hosted a demo at Southwestern State University. I was working security at the time, and saw these funny dressed people....
- 2017: Attended Gulf Wars for the first time. It seemed kinda crazy. Too many classes, not enough time...
- 2018: At Northkeep's Castellan, became a Protege to Mistress Beatrix.
- 2019: Moved to Namron and began participating there.
- Canton of Haldtre
Populace Provided Information:
Their Tempestuous Highnesses, Jean-Paul and Gilyan
(The below was taken from a post by the Coronet of Vindheim in the Principality Facebook group on September 9, 2022.)
Introduced to the Society when she attended a demo at Southwestern Oklahoma State University in Weatherford, Rebekah has been participating since late 2015. Cautious, at first, lurking around the local group's Facebook page, she joined the SCA in February of 2016. As the premier Seneschal, her goals for for the Principality center around strengthening the roles of office deputies. Too often, they are kept in the background, and not well trained to step in, should an emergency arise. As Principality Seneschal, she has encouraged all of the Principality Officers to include their deputies in everything involving their office (having a deputy is a Vindheim Law requirement). And since she believes in leading by example, my her Deputy, Maestro Vincenti, is included in everything she is involved in as Seneschal. So, should anything happen where she had to vacate her office suddenly, business would go on without a hitch. Having an involved deputy also allows one to delegate (which helps with office burnout) and also can give you a different viewpoint about a situation. One fun fact you may not know about her - back in the summer of 1999, she paddled a kayak from San Diego’s Mission Bay to Cabo San Lucas (Baja California) with 3 friends, a journey that took 63 days.
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- Pre-Reg/Gate Coordinator, Ansteorra 40th Year
- One month later, was Gate Coordinator for Bordermarch's War of the Rams
- Autocrat - King's College (with 6 weeks notice...)
- Co-Autocrat three events: Wiesenfeuer Yule, Red Plains Baronial, and Namron MedFaire
- Feast Steward for 3 meal service Tavern at Skorragarðr Axeman, 2017
- Co-Feast Steward: A Summer's Dance
- Skorragarðr Cooking Champion (2016)
- Entourage: (Morning shift - strangely no one wanted to be up that early) Marguerita I, II and III
- Entourage: Baronesses of Wiesenfeuer, Valia of the Mists and Deirdre Lasairiona ni Raghailligh
- Founder and Administrator, SCA Site Token Facebook Group: Designed to share ideas and images of site tokens.
Non-Armigerous Awards and Recognitions:
- Flint and Steel of Wiesenfeuer (Service)
- Torsade of Namron (Service)
- Argent Fleur of Namron (Arts & Sciences - Beekeeping)
Path of Service:
- 2016: Joined SCA in February
- Event Staff: Gate Shifts at King's College, Fiber Arts College, Triumphe of the Eclipse, Axeman, War of the Rams, Wiesenfeuer Yule
- Instruction: Glass Etching class for Haldtre
- Created "SCA Site Tokens" group on Facebook
- Co-Feast Steward, A Summer's Dance, hosted by Haldtre
- Offices: Deputy Reeve, Deputy Seneschal, Asterisk Herald
- Instruction: Stone carving class for Haldtre
- Offices: Chronicler, Deputy Seneschal
- Project/Event Coordinator: Co-Coordinator at Medieval Arts Faire SWOSU, Site Maintenance Coordinator - Norman MedFaire, Co-Autocrat - Red Plains Baronial, Co-Autocrat - Wiesenfeueur Yule, Tavern Manager, all meals - Skorragarðr Axeman
- Event Staff: Gulf Wars - Transportation staff, Gate Shift - Myrgenfeld Cooking Collegium, Gate Shift - Triumphe of the Eclipse, Waterbearer - Braggart's War.
- Entourage: Their Excellencies of Namron at Protectorate
- Largess/Gifting: Donations to the Crown at Crown Tournament, sanded & assembled benches given to champions at Namron Beltane
- Event Staff: Gate shifts at Coronation, Namron Beltane, Northkeep Castellan, Skorragarðr Axeman (x2), Bordermarch War of the Rams (x3). Feast Server - Newcomer's Event. Kitchen Staff - Wyldewode Northern Border Skirmishes. Site Maintenance - Eldern Hills Samhain, War of the Rams.
- Event Leadership: Event Steward - King's College.
- Offices: Deputy Northern Regional Seneschal. Took Seneschal and Financial Warrenting classes at Fall Round Table
- Royal Entourage for entirety of Reign, multiple shifts per event attended
- Introduction to Beekeeping : Northkeep wInterKingdom, Wyldewode's Northern Border Skirmish
- Royal Entourage: Crown Tourney, Bryn Gwlad Candlemas
- Offices: Stepped down as Asterisk, started term as Kingdom Gulf Wars Liaison, treasurer - Firestorm Beekeeping Guild
- Event Staff: 4 shifts at Info table at Namron MedFaire, Gate - Coronation. Site maintenance - Wiesenfeur Baronial
- Largess/Gifting: Donations of honey to Royal gift baskets - Coronation. Created coloring book for youth based on Medieval depictions of beekeeping. Donations of 8 jars of honey to champions baskets - Wiesenfeuer Baronial. Donated 4 jars of honey to champion baskets - Namron Protectorate. Donated 3 jars of honey and 3 beeswax Tudor roses to Royal gift baskets - Ansteorra 40th Year
- Event Leadership: Kingdom Liaison at Gulf Wars. Gate Coordinator / Liaison: Ansteorra 40th Year - also sat twelve gate shifts of 2 hours each. Gate Coordinator - Wiesenfeuer Baronial, Namron Protectorate, Skorragarðr Axeman, Bordermarch War of the Rams. Merchant Coordinator - Namron Protectorate,
- Stone Carving: Northkeep wInterKingdom, Bryn Gwlad Candlemas, Gulf Wars x2, King's College, Namron Protectorate, Eldern Hills Artisan, Battlemoor (Kingdom of the Outlands), Ansteorran 40th Year, Wyldewode Northern Border Skirmishes, Canton of Myrgenfeld A&S.
- Introduction to Beekeeping: King's College,
- Making a Waxed Linen Cup Cover: King's College
- Royal Entourage: Northkeep wInterKingdom, Mooneschadowe Provincial Games. Support of Crown during virtual courts - game coordination
- Event Staff: Gate Shifts - Mooneschadowe Provincial Games, Eldern Hills Fire & Ice
- Event Leadership: Kingdom Liaison, Gulf Wars XIX (Cancelled due to pandemic), Event Steward - Coronation (cancelled due to pandemic), Merchant Coordinator - Namron Beltane (in person cancelled, converted to virtual), Event Steward - Queen's Champion (cancelled due to pandemic)
- Created "Beekeepers in the SCA" Facebook Group
- Stone Carving: Eldern Hills Fire & Ice
- Royal Entourage: Support of Crown during virtual courts - game coordination
- Offices: Northern Regional Seneschal / Incipient Principality Seneschal
In Case of Court: