Liadan of Patrin-Or
|Order of Precedence|
Vert, a bend sinister wavy ermine between a harp and a maple leaf Or.
Honorable Lady Liadan of Patrin-Or
Previously Known As:
Additional Registered Heraldry:
- Local Offices Held
- Regional Offices Held
- Minister of Children, Northern Region, Summer 2016 - 2018
- Kingdom Offices Held
8th Century Irish governess.
Learning new arts & sciences to bring to the children.
Timeline of Activity:
- Joined in the summer of 2008, and became Wiesenfeuer's Deputy MOC that winter.
Populace Provided Information:
I have known Liadan Patrin Or for over a decade now, and have seen her invest herself fully and totally into the children she encounters. Her dedication in this field is unsurpassed in my experience, and her work with the children of the north, and of the kingdom, is momentous.
5 years ago, as something of a side project, I started writing title cards for people along the theme of “If I were to introduce you in a book, this is how I would do it”. This is what I wrote for Liadan.
“Surrounded by children barely taller than her waist, Liadan was a while of energy, her long hair whipping behind her fast enough that you could miss the streaks of well-earned gray that she usually made no effort to hide. To lay eyes on her for but a minute was to have evidence that one could have the energy of youth needed to keep up with people a fifth her age, and younger, while being possessed of the wisdom those same children sought out in times of despair, curiosity, or frustration. Wide eyed, loving, and every bit as animated as her charges, to be greeted by her was to invoke the feeling of a welcome to a place long sought after.”
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- Have served as a local or regional minister of Children continuously since the winter of 2008 to present. I have no plans to step down any time soon - there's too much fun to be had and too much mischief to get in!
- Lady Liadan's Learning Library: ongoing video series for youth on YouTube, including episodes on embroidery, pottery, illumination, and more.
- A Guide to Children's Activities book available on the Wiesenfeuer website.
Non-Armigerous Awards and Recognitions:
- Flint and Steel of Wiesenfeuer
- Member, House Patrin Or
In Case of Court: