Adena - Photo by Kyna
|Order of Precedence|
Azure, a camelopard statant within a bordure rayonny Or.
Her Excellency, Mistress Adena Terricsdottir, OP
Previously Known As: "DeneeKylieNo!" (This was also the 'unofficial' battle cry of the Barony of Namron, for about 10 years, according to some...)
Additional Registered Heraldry:
Registered Badge: Or, in fess a brown chicken and a brown cow statant respectant proper.
- Regional Offices Held
- Prior Hospitaler, Northern Region
- Adena was the first child born after Namron became a barony.
- Adena was the topic of a song by Zubeydah.
- Fiber Arts, especially embroidery
Timeline of Activity:
- My parents joined the SCA in the mid 70's. I was conceived at Stepps Warlord, after my Mother danced the may pole at Namron's Beltain.
- My first event was actually a St. Patrick's Day revel at 2 weeks old. My first official event was Norman's OU Medieval Fair, at less than a month old.
- April 2009: Adena may or may not have been involved with Privy Carolling at Gulf War... and is heard to say, "since you can't actually see faces in the video, I aint admitting NOTHING :)"
- June 2011: Adena serves as Royal Ambassador, delivering a gift basket from TRM Ansteorra to TRM Calontir at Lillies War.
- December 2011: Adena was elevated to the Peerage at the Wiesenfeuer Yule event.
Stories and Misadventures:
(See Also: NSTIW:_Gulf_Wars#2000)
I have many more (stories) like this one: (the time Elsa von Schammach's car broke down and we had to tow it back in a caravan and in a storm, or when I went to Estrella with Owen ap Aeddan and Etienne De Saint Amaranth (and others) and there was a snowstorm and I was FOR SURE I was going to die (so I just closed my eyes and prayed, LITERALLY), or when I went to Lilies with Hrafna Wyrdmake and Morgan Buchanan and we FINALLY got to where we could see Lilies across the water, and Hrafn said "this is where a deer will jump out and cause us to crash and we never make it" and THEN A DEER JUMPED OUT (no crash). And I have Mooneschadowe bus stories-- The parking guy said "They told me a bus was coming, but I didn't believe them" ). And these are just the ones that I can tell during the day!!
OH!! Or the time SOMEONE GAVE US A MINIVAN AT GULF WAR. Yeah, GAVE US A VEHICLE. (The story is the household had pooled $500 to buy it to bring in firewood and supplied and they didn't want to pay gas to bring it home. Our household member had just wrecked her van the previous week. It was old and it was ugly (and it was NOT registered as stolen, we checked) but we drove it home and it worked for another few years! Way better story in person!)
Populace Provided Information:
To know Adena is to know laughter and joy. This woman embodies merriment and hard work. Literally from the moment of her birth, she has been a part of the society in Ansteorra. In the years I have known her, she has been an unceasing whirlwind of contribution and labor – she doesn’t see the things she does as work, she sees them as fun things to do with friends. I have seen her spend hours working on event set up until early into the morning, then spend an entire day heralding a list and waterbearing simultaneously, and then work in the kitchen for several hours – and think nothing of it, because she’s just ‘having fun’. ‘Dini’s hospitality knows no bounds, and she welcomes those new to our Dream with open arms. Adena is an example to me of remembering the joy and fun in the SCA. 09:10, 24 September 2012 (PDT)
No shit, this one time at Rundel, Adena kept catching on fire. I think it was the last Rundel and was the one that Aethelred of the Broken Shield gave me some bad moonshine. I entertained myself by flicking it into the fire to see all of the pretty colors. But did I mention that Deenie kept catching on fire, over and over again? I think the "Flaming Deanies" were born at that event.
Ekaterina Stepanova doch' Novgorodskaia adds: (For the record, it was cold and she had a fleece blanket on her lap, covering her feet, and the sparks kept landing on it and smoldering. But saying that she was on fire was more fun.)
The Flaming Dini: everclear and strawberry/cranberry juice
One time, Adena Terricsdottir was at Gulf War, and SHE decided that it would be a GREAT idea TO STEAL A BOAT! Where did this boat come from... why, TRIMARIS of course!
Adena is a very talented in embroidery! She loves to teach and share anything she knows! She is very kind and approachable! She is a natural Hospitaler! She is funny and always has a smile on her face!
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- Royal Gifts and Prize Basket Coordinator, Ansteorra 40th Year
- Embroidered the Hangarok Panel for Her Royal Majesty, Margherita de Mantua, for her Coronation.
Non-Armigerous Awards and Recognitions:
- In 2003, the was a "Rumors heard at Beltain about Adena and Kylie" contest. The winning rumor was, "I heard all of those spangs used to be princes until Adena kissed them!" which was supplied by Katren Fitzgerald.
Wiki Contributions and Mentions:
- Daughter of Ayesha de Warwick
- Daughter of Terric Bearsmountain
- Sister to Kyna Terricsdottir
- Wife to Cian ap Reyes
- Mom to David
- Member, Company of St. Marks
- Member, House Wolfstar
- Previously Protege to Michelle Chantal de Charente
In Case of Court: