Willow de Wisp
Photo by Diarmait ua Dhuinn
|Order of Precedence|
Per pale vert and Or, a weeping willow tree eradicated sable fimbriated Or, leaved counterchanged.
- 1 Her Grace, Duchess Willow de Wisp, OL, OP, Defender of the Dream
- 2 Offices:
- 3 Persona History:
- 4 Interests:
- 5 Timeline of Activity:
- 6 Populace Provided Information:
- 7 Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- 8 Articles Written:
- 9 Affiliations:
- 10 Mundane Information:
Her Grace, Duchess Willow de Wisp, OL, OP, Defender of the Dream
Alternate Persona: The Grand Duchess Zafera of the Maresh Egyptians.
- Additional images of Her Grace Willow can be found on the Northkeep Baronial FLIKR account and Armand Dragonetti's 1998 Laurel's Prize Tournament Photo Album.
- Pelicans of Ansteorra Page
- Ansteorran Ladies of the Rose Gallery
Other Registered Heraldry
- The following badge associated with this name was registered in August of 1979 (via Ansteorra) and reblazoned in December of 2016 (via Ansteorra): Vert, a bull passant argent, pied gules, armed and unguled sable, horns tipped argent.
- for Clan Cadal: The following badge associated with this name was registered in December of 2016 (via Ansteorra): Vert, a bull passant gules pied argent.
Bardcraft, Middle Eastern Dance, Painting
Timeline of Activity:
Populace Provided Information:
Her Grace Willow the Wisp was sitting at Ansteorra 40th year awaiting court. I've seen her around from time to time but don't know her well. She beckoned me to come talk with her. Her Grace noted my Thistle and we began discussing courtly dance. She thanked me for visiting with her and gave me one of the bracelets she made with a thistle in the center. It matched my outfit perfectly.
A court was held in Bjornsborg in the “period” structure of the granary of the San Jose Mission. This was before the national park service took possession of the property, and with a lot of diplomacy, use was granted. The Duchess Natasha affair and the Courts of “Grayraven” were in the past and Gweneth Sanquebar was baroness. She ruled with no baron. However, a stranger to these lands had her close confidence. Some say that he, Torgetai Blackwolf MSCA, had won her affections with the gentle and courtly practices of the Mongols.
This may be so, for this gathering was billed as a Mongolian Court. Fire was not permitted in the fireplace, but the flame of candles was not banned. Elaborate cushions were deployed, but no chairs were used in the hall. Corwin Distarte translated what people said into a gibberish that was claimed to be “Court Mongolian.” Later Vargskol Halfblood and Dragomir the Cossack continued the dreaded “Punnic Wars.” I fled to the courtyard.
Here I spoke with Mistress Willow de Wisp. I must make an aside here. Anybody I’m likely to mention probably went on to considerably grander titles, but peers were a scarce commodity at that time. Willow was very much a standout person. We talked about the war between the Ardh Duin and the Clan Cadal, she being the chieftain of the latter group.
I inquired if it was safe for her to be this far south unaccompanied by her sturdy clansmen. There was no danger at all, she declared, and introduced me to her invisible escort. I do not recall the name, I probably couldn’t spell it anyway, not being of the Celtic persuasion. Her guardian was more than eight feet tall, with a tendency to pout. We continued the conversation, with Mistress Willow grandly playing the role of a fierce war leader.
At this point up trotted Ilyana, a newcomer to the society. She offered me a share of her drink, and I introduced her to a “Peer of the Realm.” After a very brief “wow moment” Ilyana’s big smile returned and she reached up and gave a gentle tug on one the Chieftain’s braid cases. Sweetly saying, “Ding! Ding!” she vanished into the clusters of people. The persona bubble having burst, Willow paused and said “Well, so much for feared war leader right now.” Then she gave a very genuine and friendly laugh and the evening continued.
Mistress Willow had and still has great command of almost any social setting. She can go from glorious bombast to genuine concern in an instant.
- Northkeep Timeline
- Mooneschadowe Timeline
- 3rd Coronet Tourney
- 1st Ansteorran Crown Tournament
- Coronation of Willow I
- Ansteorra Middle War A.S, XVI
- 11th Crown
- Legends and Heroes
- WAY BACK THEN
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- 18th Crown of the Kingdom of Atenvelt
- 1st Crown of the Kingdom of Ansteorra
- 11th Crown of the Kingdom of Ansteorra
- Premier Bard of the Kingdom of Ansteorra, and bard to Barn Silveraxe and Katrionna McLochlainn
- Principal Participant in the November 1999 Battle of the Three Kings: Photos by Armand Dragonetti
- Named to the Lions of Ansteorra by Inman MacMoore and Arrowyn of Emerald Moor
- Article: Are the Fighters the Rock Stars of the SCA?
- Article: Are You Behind The Times In How You Come Across
- Article: Gentle Guidance About Fashion Mistakes
- Article: What I Have Learned in 50 Years in the SCA
- Article: Advice For New People
- Article: Understanding Entry Into A Polling Order