2020: Photo by Megan Flower del Wal
|Order of Precedence|
Per chevron rayonny sable and gules, in chief a reremouse argent.
- 1 Centurion Damon Xanthus
- 2 Offices:
- 3 Persona History:
- 4 Interests:
- 5 Timeline of Activity:
- 6 Populace Provided Information:
- 7 Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- 8 Affiliations:
- 9 Mundane Information:
Centurion Damon Xanthus
Nickname(s): (One is known, but not preferred)
Previously Known As:
Pronouns: "That Human"... said in the most Hannah Barbara cartoon villain voice possible.
Other Registered Heraldry
About My Heraldry: In Eastern culture, the bat is a bearer of gifts, a good omen. In the west they are seen as creature of evil... but a animal that regularly eats mosquitoes can’t be all bad...fire was the gift stolen from the gods and given to man to set him apart from animals. Fire is knowledge.
My device literally means one of 3 things, depending on who you are and how much you know about it:
1) I wanted to be a teacher when I designed it, the bearer of the gift of knowledge.
2) what you know about a subject directly correlates with wether you view it as good or evil.
3) it shows that I realize that “I’m flying blind and making a lot of noise”
- Local Offices Held
- Many. Maaaaaany.
- Regional Offices held
- Kingdom Offices Held
Normally from the French Spanish war- where I had a lot of head trauma, Wakes up as an 11th century crusader occasionally. Mental health days thinks he’s Samurai.
- Fighting: Armored, Rapier, whatever!
- Feeding people
Timeline of Activity:
1992-2005- flaming outskirts fringe player... infamous on flames
2006- was picked up as Squire to his Grace Mahadi and was claimed by a lady- between them they made me focus some.
2008- Became a Centurion
2010 - Married Megan Flower del Wal at Northkeep Castellan - To celebrate, the entire event is hosted at their wedding feast. 2013- became Squired to his Grace John Paul - long story, don’t ask
2014 - Have been mostly missing in action since this time due to mundane reasons; feel free to ask but I’m not putting sadness on here.
I’ve been everywhere man, I’ve been everywhere, Steppes, yeah I lived there man, breathed that Elfsea air man. Three Rivers - I was there, man, I’ve been everywhere. I’ve been to Northkeep, Namron, Fynin Goth, Seawinds, Stargate, lands of Myst, at Lioness I did great, I’ve been everywhere...
Populace Provided Information:
Damon is the reason I am in the SCA. I was "duped" with the words, "You're pretty cool people, you should come camping with us next weekend." My parents were both Scouts masters. I grew up camping and didn't think anything of it. Little did I know what I was getting myself into... 20 years later, I'm still here.
The St Jude charity tournament I participated in was at SCA 50th Anniversary held in the Midrealm (Indianapolis).
While I donated to the worthy cause, I provided marshaling assistance as it was being hosted by one of our own. This allowed the visitors who who came to give tribute to fight to their hearts content. The tournament was held under a hardtop pavilion with nearly no breeze at all with temperatures above what most expected. It was an Ansteorran tournament after all. Unfortunately I can not remember how many entrants nor the total donations, but everyone had a glorious time. As people were given extra lives for each donation, there were many deaths to be had that day.
Damon was quite thankful for everyone that participated. It was an emotional experience given their child was saved and being treated by St Judes.
The first time I ever met Damon Xanthus he walked over to my shade pavilion, where I had my already registered device displayed, and said "You can't have a bat!" He then proceeded to tell me that he had been told you can't register a bat with the College of Heralds, to which I replied.. "You can if you call it a reremouse." lol I knew I would like Damon from that day on. 🙂 I mean, two batty people HAVE to be friends!
- Receives his Award of Arms: Event Review - Northkeep Castellan 2004 - by Zubeydah
- "Damon Xanthus strove day and night for the whole event and again proved to us how much he loves Northkeep, and for that we love him." - Event Review - Northkeep Castellan 2006 - by Ian Dun Gillan
- Helped at the very first Mooneschadowe Kitchen Party
- A Centurion Cloak made by Damon is featured in the photos on the Centurions of the Sable Star of Ansteorra page.
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- Castellan of Northkeep (2013)
- 24th Bard of Northkeep (2013)
- Winner of the 2018 Meatgrinder of Northkeep Castellan
- Entourage to Aaron MacGregor III and Vanessa de Verona II, receiving both a Queen's Glove and King's Gauntlet
- Hosted a Grand Melee for St. Judes at Pennsic 2016: "What a fantastic day of fighting. The Grand Melee for St Jude's went beautifully. Fifteen fighters, most of whom had just finished a grueling four hour tournament, fought for 30 minutes of magnificent carnage in sweltering heat and 80% humidity. Thank you to all who participated. In the end we raised $700.00 dollars for St Jude's, and learned a number of lessons to help improve the experience for retrying this at future wars. I'd like to thank Baron Andrew Turnbull and Baron Aeddan Wolfden, and to the good squire (Jutulion, from the Stronghold of Warrior's Gate (SCA Korea)) that helped Marshall...
Special thanks to Master Pug, Mistress Myfanwy, I could not have pulled this off without you two.
And of course a big loving thank you to my wife for putting up with my crazy ideas.
Non-Armigerous Awards and Recognitions
- Caisteal Cridhe of Northkeep
[[File:Damon and Megan Wedding - Photo by Burke.jpg|200px|thumb|left|Vows Given. Photo by Burke Kyriell MacDonald
- Husband to Megan Flower del Wal
- Father to Sebastian, Philip, and Gabriella
- Squire to His Grace Jean Paul de Sens
I tell people what to do to make airplanes fly.
In Case of Court