|Order of Precedence|
Sable, on a sinister hand Or a decrescent sable, a bordure Or.
Honorable Lord Arthur Blackmoon
Registered Badge: Or, a pawprint within an annulet sable.
- Local Offices Held
- Regional Offices Held
- Missile Marshal, Northern Region, 2005 - 2007
- Kingdom Offices Held
- Kingdom Deputy Thrown Weapons Marshal, 2008 - 2013
(no specific time period)
As a youth, my parents and I survived a shipwreck, washing up on a nearly deserted island. Despite being shipwrecked, things where pretty good, for years... until a ship anchored in the lagoon, one day, and people came ashore and killed my family ( I was later to discover that they were pirates!) So in the night while most were ashore, I swam out and killed several of those remaining on the ship, and convinced the few remaining to sail away with me as leader. They taught me to "rescue " treasure and pretty girls. After a while, I grew tired of the sea, and retired to a vast wooded land (assumed to be England , since they spoke English), where I find that I must defend the wildlife, as poachers keep coming in and killing my .... uummm... the kings... deer, wild pig, etc. I can't just go killing strangers in the woods, so I must wait until they have poached something. Then there's all that meat and other useful body parts that would go to waste if I don't use or give them away. ;) So the nearby farmers, trade me this wonderful stuff they call mead, and arrow heads, and knives for extra meat, fur, and bone.
- Thrown Weapons
"I wanted people to learn to shoot and to throw weapons, so I learned to teach those skills and became a marshal. I then learned to make bow strings and arrows. Now I am learning to make bows of different kinds."
Timeline of Activity:
Populace Provided Information:
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- Northkeep Missile Range Master since 2003 to present
- Created and donated over 4 dozen Royal Round tassels
- Created the Baronial Bard Songbook cover (pass-down prize for Northkeep's Bardic Champion)
- Created the the Archery Bracer for the Canton of Skorragardr (pass-down prize for Canton's Archery champion)
- Create & donate various award insigna for both Kingdom and Baronial level awards
- Co-Autocrat, Northkeep Castellan, 2013
- Have sat Gate at nearly every event attended in the past 13 years.
- Premier Heraldic Presentation Winner, Northkeep Castellan I, 1990
- Premier Knife Throwing Champion, Northkeep Castellan I, 1990
- Premier Axe Throwing Champion, Northkeep Castellan I, 1990
- Axe Throwing Champion, Northkeep Castellan II, 1991
- Thrown Weapons Champion, Mead Bee War III, 2002
- Archery Champion, Northkeep Castellan, 2004
- Defender of Archery, Elfsea Defender XXXVI, 2005 (event not held 2006)
- Knife Throwing Champion, Elfsea Defender XXXVI, 2005 (event not held 2006)
- Spear Throwing Champion, Elfsea Defender XXXVI, 2005 (event not held 2006)
- Premier Archery Champion, Canton of Skorragarðr, 2006
- Thrown Weapons Champion, Wiesenfeuer, 2006
- Archery Champion, Namron Beltane, 2007
- Archery Champion, Northkeep Castellan, 2007
- Thrown Weapons Champion (Marksman), Northkeep Castellan, 2007
- Thrown Weapons Champion, Eldern Hills Samhain, 2007
- Thrown Weapons Champion, Canton of Chemin Noir, Fair of the Harveset, 2008
- Thrown Weapons Champion, Canton of Chemin Noir, Fair of the Harveset, 2009
- Thrown Weapons Champion, Canton of Chemin Noir, Fair of the Harveset, 2010
- Thrown Weapons Champion, Canton of Chemin Noir, Fair of the Harveset, 2011
- Thrown Weapons Champion, Canton of Chemin Noir, Return of the Dragon, 2012
The Blackfox Bolts
In loving memory of Master William Blackfox: "Back when I first started playing in the SCA , there lived a man in my shire that you just had to like - even when he was learning to play the bagpipes and was called Cat Killer for the sounds he produced. This man became famous for many things. One of those things was archery. He later became Northkeep's first official archery marshal. After his untimely death , I was entrusted with his combat and target archery equipment ( minus his longbow , which went to a member of his household) including a number of signed crossbow bolts .
Time has passed, and I believe that I have finally found a fitting way to help keep his memory alive, as well as promote one of his loves. I have chosen 5 people that have had a positive and lasting effect on archery in the northern region. Some of these people are familiar with the spotlight, some are used to hiding in the shadows but all are dedicated to promoting archery in the northern region. These people will , hopefully , find others who have had a positive and lasting effect on archery in the northern region in the future to pass their bolts on to. These bolts are not awards - they are a form of recognition given by archers to archers, and hereafter may be passed on in court or on the range. In Loving Memory of Master William Blackfox do I hereby present The Blackfox Bolts:
- Prior Arcarius to Arcus Jaque the Spink.
- Arcarius: Adelaide Verch Dewi - 2010
- Arcarius: Robin of Northkeep - 2009
- Prior Arcarius: Sam of Northkeep - 2009 to 2010
- Prior Arcarius: Cian ap Dewi - 2009 to 2010