Removal of Crown Prince of Ansteorra
SEPTEMBER 6, 2023 | SCA COMMUNICATIONS
On September 4, 2023, at a Special Meeting of the SCA Inc. Board of Directors, the Board voted without opposition to remove Aaron MacGregor as the current Crown Prince of Ansteorra. The Board reached this serious decision after significant deliberation and with the advice of our Officers.
At this time, Ansteorra remains under the stewardship of the Stellar Crown, King Gabriel and Queen Sonja. We would ask that people extend all courtesy to Her Royal Highness Nicollet as she contemplates what will be best for the Kingdom in the next reign. Any further announcements regarding the next reign will be made at a Kingdom level.
As this matter is ongoing, no further public comment will be made by SCA Inc.
It was further announced on September 9th at Kingdom Arts & Sciences Evening Court by Their Royal Majesties that a second Crown Tournament would not be held; that her Highness Nicollet would Reign unaccompanied.
- Event Stewards: Lord Richard Garin, Baroness Elspeth de Servlen.
- Site: McNease Convention Center, San Angelo, TX
- Special Activities / notes:
- Sovereign's Champion Tournament
- Newcomer's Table
- Photo Bingo
- Eclipse Viewing
- Sideboard lunch is included in registration.
- Event featured a Quiet Space.
Her Majesty was presented with the Consort's White Scarf by Don Robin of Gilwell, MOD, as well as a scarf belonging to Don [Tivar Moondragon]].
Royal Whims or Declarations
- Head of Entourage: Baroness Marie de Meaux
- Chancellor: Countess Cristyana Lambrecht
- Chief Lady-in-Waiting:
- Star Signet:
- Sable Scroll: HE Elena Wyth
- Herald: HE Brian O’hUilliam
- Largess Coordinator: Duchess Ebergardis von Zell
- Middle Eastern Dance
- Kingdom Artisan
- Kingdom Warlord:
- Consort's Champion: Brendan McEwan
- Sovereign's Champion: Amra Shieldsplitter
- Royal Blade: Floki Gierrekkson
- Consort's Blade of Honor: Diego Fortuna de Almeria
- Royal Hunter:
- Guardian of the Consort's Hope - Junior Division: Brenden Isaacson
- Guardian of the Consort's Hope - Senior Division: Elise de Rouen
- Guardian of the King's Dream:
|Miklos Nemeth - OP||November 18, 2023||Chivalry|
|Elizabeth Caton - OP||November 18, 2023||Defense|
Gauntlets & Gloves
Progress While Princess
- Serpent Symposium 2023: August 19, 2023
- Glaslyn Artisan of the Flame: August 26
- Kingdom Arts & Sciences: September 9
- Defender of the Fort & Royal Lancer: September 15
- Elfsea Baronial College: September 23
- War of Ages - 100 Years War: September 29 - October 1.
Words of the Coronet
Progress While Crown
- Coronation : October 14, 2023 - San Angelo, Texas
- Bjornsborg's Fall Event - Quest for the Grail: October 20. Pelican Circle, Arc D'Or Circle.
- Seawinds Defender - Myths & Legends: Portland, Texas
- Consort's Champion : November 11, 2023- Arlington, Texas. Masters of Defense Circle. White Scarf Circle.
- Bordermarch War of the Rams: Nov 16 - 19. Centurion's Circle, Golden Lance Circle.
- Stargate Yule: December 2 - Houston, Texas. Laurel Circle
- Vindheim Winter Coronet: December 9, Amarillo, Texas
- Winter Crown Tournament:
- Winter Round Table:
- Northkeep wInterKingdom: January 27, Tulsa, OK. Pelican Circle, White Scarf Circle
- Bryn Gwlad Candlemas: February 3.
- Laurel's Prize Tourney: February 10. Laurel Circle
- Battle of the Pines: February 17. Centurion Circle
- Gulf Wars XXXII: March 09 - 17. Chivalry Circle, Masters of Defense Circle, White Scarf Circle.
- Elfsea Defender: April 5.
Words of the Crown
- October 14, 2023 - During The Eclipse Coronation of Ansteorra, at the closing of Her Premier Court, Our Sovereign Queen Nicollet II had the following words to say:
"Now I would like to talk to you all about a very serious topic and it is something that I made a promise to this Kingdom about when I decided to stay in this position and lead you forward. I promised the population of Ansteorra a DEI(B) plan and an initiative to move forward and I would like to present that to you now.
At Border March Autumn Melees (BAM/War of the Rams) We will have our first of two Kingdom-level Salons. At the first Salon, We will be discussing the concepts of disabilities, seen and unseen, and how We can make our Dream more accessible to those who suffer from disabilities. This will be a forum that anyone can participate in. We intend to have a scribe there to write down the ideas so that we can put them into a working document and send them to our DEI(B) Officer so that the ideas that come from these salons are accessible to all of our groups so that you may move forward in supporting the Dream at the local level and making sure that people are able to come out and play.
The second Salon We are hosting at Winter Kingdom where We will be discussing marginalized communities and again We will be taking notes and creating some ideas to be able to make our Dream more accessible and more friendly to marginalized communities with the hope that We can continue as a Kingdom to move forward and to grow our populace in a manner where everyone is welcome and accepted.
Moving forward, I will not require, but I will politely request, that if you are bidding on a Kingdom-level event that you please consider having an area available for a quiet space. We did this at Kingdom Arts and Sciences where it was very successful. We all love out friends, but sometimes we need a break for a few minutes to re-center and re-ground ourselves. It is not a hard thing to do. There is really no special requirements, just a small space away from noise, where people can go and have a moment to themselves. So, We will be requesting that idea to be included in your Kingdom-level bids.
Additionally we are asking our local officers and Landed to please watch your populace and bring to Us the names of those who exemplify acceptance and assistance in the SCA. We are hoping that by the end of this reign We will be able to establish a new Kingdom-level award for inclusiveness. The DEI(B) Office is not a weapon to be used against our friends, or even those that we perceive as enemies, rather it is an office that We use to organize ideas to educate ourselves on the challenges that we ALL face. There will be those who will stand out among our populace as being exceptional in these skills and qualities. Please make sure that those people, their names, get before Me for proper recognition.
And so, my friends, this is the initiative for this Reign that I wish to present to you. Hopefully for your input and approval because along We cannot do this alone. We have to work together. If you have additional ideas, if you have thoughts for a Kingdom-Level award on inclusivity, please bring Me your concepts so that We can see how we can implement them to best serve out Kingdom. Thank you!"
December Black Star
Greetings to Our Fair Kingdom,
As the fall season and cooler weather are finally upon us we turn Our thoughts to the season of gratitude and of gifting. Let us each take a moment to remember the good acts and good people in our lands that have shown brightly throughout the year. I would like to especially thank all those that have lent their support and words of encouragement throughout the past few months. The people of Ansteorra continue to make me proud and humble at the same time with their generosity of time and talent.
I would like to express my gratitude to the event staff of my Queen's Champion Tournament. It was an amazing day filled with feats of skill and valor. I am so looking forward to our Rapier Community displaying their prowess on the field at Gulf Wars.
Speaking of War; another War of the Rams has passed us as well. I am extremely proud of the Ansteorran Army. We will be a force to be reckoned with at Gulf Wars this year. At WotR, we also hosted our first DEI-B Salon to discuss how to make the Dream more accessible to those with disabilities. I want to thank all those that participated. We will continue to strive to make our Kingdom accessible, welcoming, and safe for all.
I wish each of you the happiest of holidays. Feast and Rest during these winter months. Come spring, the trumpets of war will sound and you will be called to defend your homeland once again!
In service to Dream,
Nicollet, Sovereign Queen of Ansteorra
Words of the Populace
Reign Photos and Media
Sovereign's Champion scroll by Honour du Bois