Anne von Wiese
|Order of Precedence|
Argent, a salamander tergiant pean enflamed proper, on a tierce wavy sable in chief an estoile Or.
Art by Kelly Lee
- 1 Anne von Wiese
- 1.1 Additional Registered Heraldry:
- 1.2 Offices:
- 1.3 Persona History:
- 1.4 Interests:
- 1.5 Timeline of Activity:
- 1.6 Populace Provided Information:
- 1.7 Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- 1.8 Affiliations:
- 1.9 Mundane Information:
Anne von Wiese
Previously Known As:
Additional Registered Heraldry:
- Local Offices Held
- Deputy of the Bryn Gwlad Clothiers guild.
- Regional Offices Held
- Kingdom Offices Held
Anne is a daughter of a patrician family of Wiese in Germany’s Southwestern region near a tributary of the Rhine River in the 1500s. She is accomplished in the household arts such as sewing and embroidery. Her first husband was a wealthy guild tradesman in Augsburg and she is much loved by his family. She has remarried a landed nobleman's second son who has served as a captain of an artillery unit in the militia in several campaigns. She spends her time at her extended family's estates with her daughter and visits her husband on occasion while en route to a campaign. When traveling, Anne is known to dress down to blend in with the crowd to avoid notice. Generally, she follows patrician sumptuary laws when enforced but enjoys the cutting edge fashions of the time, which often have elements common in the imagery of the 1520s-1530s.
- Sewing by hand and machine, hand and machine embroidery, smocking and pleating, Hat making, feather decorations, cut and slash work; pretty much anything related to late period garb.
- An active teacher.
- (Please visit: annevonwiese.com for instructions and how-tos!)
Timeline of Activity:
- Current - Member, Clothiers Guild Bryn Gwlad
- October 2020 - Attended and Taught Attaching Feathers to Hats, The Virtual Hunt, Bryn Gwlad
- October 2020 - Ansteorra Laurel’s Solar
- July 2020 - Entered Steppes Artisan - Body of Work A&S, Steppes Artisan
- July 2020 - Attended and Taught Honeycomb Smocking Class, Steppes Artisan
- February 2020 - Entered Kingdom A&S, Kingdom of Ansteorra
- February 2020 - Entered Baronial A&S, Bryn Gwlad’s Candlemas
- October 2019 - Attended Valkyrfelt II, Barony of Bjornsborg
- September 2019 - Entered Laurel's Prize Tourney, Kingdom of Ansteorra
- February 2021 - Attended Classes and Taught Attaching Feathers to Hats, Bryn Gwlad Candlemas
- November 2020 - Attended Classes and Taught Attaching Feathers to Hats, Elfsea’s Virtual Baronial College, Elfsea
Notable Donations and Commissions:
- March 2020 - A late 15th-century German-style pleated hemd (shirt) for Magistra Osanna van der Linden’s garb worn at her Elevation
- January 2020 A late 15th-century German-style pleated hemd (shirt) for Magistra Osanna van der Linden’s shirt worn at the Kingdom of Ansteorra A&S Competition Court when she was invited to join the Order the Laurel
Populace Provided Information:
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- September 2019 - Entered Laurel's Prize Tourney, Kingdom of Ansteorra - Static Entry – Display of late period garb and hats
- October 2020 - Participated in Ansteorra Laurel’s Solar
- July 2020 - Entered Steppes Artisan A&S Body of Work Competition.
- February 2020 - Entered Kingdom A&S, Kingdom of Ansteorra, Static Entry 16th Century German Style White Apron with Honeycomb Smocked Pleating and Drawn-Work Hem-Stitch
- February 2020 - Entered Baronial A&S, Bryn Gwlad’s Candlemas, Static Entry 16th Century German Style White Apron with Honeycomb Smocked Pleating and Drawn-Work Hem-Stitch.
Non-Armigerous Awards and Recognitions:
- Attaching Feathers to Hats
- Honeycomb Smocked Pleating
- July 2020 - Steppes Artisan
- February 2020 - Bryn Gwlad’s Candlemas
In Case of court: