Nalka Um Al-Jafna
|Order of Precedence|
- 1 Armiger Nalkah Um Al-Jafna
- 1.1 Additional Registered Heraldry:
- 1.2 Offices:
- 1.3 Persona History:
- 1.4 Interests:
- 1.5 Timeline of Activity:
- 1.6 Populace Provided Information:
- 1.7 Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- 1.8 Affiliations:
- 1.9 Mundane Information:
Armiger Nalkah Um Al-Jafna
Previously Known As: Fionnghuala Fiadhaich.
Pronouns: She/he/they (in descending order of preference)
Pronounced: "NAL-kah UUM-AL-JAF-na"
Additional Registered Heraldry:
- Local Offices Held
- Minister of Arts & Sciences, Canton of Chemin Noir, May 2016 - May 2017
My name is 13th C. Persian, but I'm seldom dressed that way. :)
- List Mistressing
- Field Heraldry
Timeline of Activity:
- First event, wInterKingdom 2015
A Story About Gulf Wars 30
Or: My Brave Little Bird
Athena was called up in court at Gulf Wars to receive a token from Her Grace Antigone York for her resourcefulness during war. Athena decided that if I wasn't going to buy her a book necklace (I told her we needed to get her some clothing first) that she would pay for it herself. And so she gathered rocks from around site and began selling them on the road to people. She made over $100 doing this during the week. At one point a gentleman on a golf cart came by another camp asking about her, we thought he was going to shut her sales down, and instead he proceeded to take her and Mike down some back road of site to show her better/cooler rocks to sell.
When she was called up in court and Antigone began to tell her story, Athena opted to tell her story herself and proceeded to project to the ENTIRE CROWD of why she decided to sell rocks (I was near the back and could hear her. Proud bard mom right here). I heard of her rock sales from all over site. Multiple times on merchant's row, different merchant's would go: "YOU'RE THE KID SELLING ROCKS? OH MY GOSH!"
She bartered with her rocks and money a few times to get the items she was after (specifically a $25 fox tail that she got for $10 and 2 rocks). Some of my favorite stories I heard about her:
- she walked into a camp with her rocks, tried selling them, and when one of the people in camp said "hey, didn't you find those rocks here?" She grabbed her things and bolted.
- my friend Forest Evergreen stopped to talk to her and she told him "I can't sell rocks in that camp, they know where I got them."
- during midnight madness she walked merchant's row with her wares and dutifully counted her money until she had enough for a stuffed blue dragon.
- when our friend Martel joked that the rock shop was his, her response was to shut it down for a couple days. I asked her about it and she said: "there's no rock shop without my rocks. He'll learn." 😂
If I missed any here, please share them!
I am endlessly proud of my not-so-little-anymore girl, and I cannot wait to watch her continue to grow and I look forward to her next adventure.
- Canton of Chemin Noir
Populace Provided Information:
- Nalkah was one of two members of the populace invited to speak about Rónán Fionn Ó Dubáin at his elevation to the Order of the Laurel.
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- Won the Bardic Championship of Skorragardr, at AXEMAN XIV.
- Feast Steward, Northkeep Castellan, 2018
- feast Steward, Wiesenfeuer Yule, 2018
- Feast Steward, Northkeep wInterKingdom, 2019
- Premier Skald (Bardic Champion) of the Canton of Wyldewode
- Event Steward for Northkeep Castellan 2019
Non-Armigerous Awards and Recognitions:
Mundanely, I am an IT technician. I also love Legend of Zelda, some anime, and am a big fan of naps.
In Case of Court:
In Case of Being Needed in Court, any advanced warning or notice would be Greatly Appreciated, to mitigate anxiety.