Northern Border Skirmishes, Occtober 22, 2022
Photo by Úallach inghean Uí Dhubhshláine
|Order of Precedence|
- 1 Milokhna d'Riga
- 1.1 Additional Registered Heraldry:
- 1.2 Offices:
- 1.3 Persona History:
- 1.4 Interests:
- 1.5 Timeline of Activity:
- 1.6 Populace Provided Information:
- 1.7 Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- 1.8 Affiliations:
- 1.9 Mundane Information:
Previously Known As:
Additional Registered Heraldry:
- Local Offices Held
- Regional Offices Held
- Kingdom Offices Held
Milokhna d'Riga was born in Riga, Livonia (modern day Latvia) in the mid-16th century. Her father was a merchant, which were always plentiful in the city of Riga. The Russians began to covet the prosperity of the Riga and invaded Livonia (what would later be referred to as the Livonian War). Milokhna's father made the decision to cut ties with their old life for the sake of his family's safety.
They packed a cart with all their belongings her father's wares and headed south on the Amber Road. They ended up in La Serenissima (modern day Venice) where her father was able to continue his trade.
Milokhna is a collector of trades. If she has not made something in your particular craft, it is only a matter of time before she asks you to teach her. She claims expertise in nothing, and interest in nearly everything. Her interests include (in roughly the order she gained interest):
- Leather working
- SCA History
- Tablet Weaving
- 16th Century Livonian History
- Voice Heraldry
- Thrown Weapons
Timeline of Activity:
- In 2022, Uallach taught Milo how to make Lucett cord and then ran off to Gulf Wars 2022 without her. In the mean time she became rather obsessed with tablet weaving and pelted the poor woman with questions unceasing.
- Wiesenfeuer Brronial 2022 - Exceptionally cold. Spent my time playing with various pups, chowing down on pork and barley, and shivering in a modern fleece blanket. I believe the blanket belonged to Ludo. High praise should be given to both Ludo and this blanket. Without these, I should have surely perished.
- Tolkon Demo 2022 - After spending an entire seven minutes feeling shy beneath the A&S tent, an attendee of the con asked me what I was working on. I went on to teach dozens of people about tablet weaving. Accompanied by Vitalis' lute, we spent our time informing the populace about the amazing crafts made by the people of Northkeep, and making site tokens for Castellan.
- Castellan 2022 - Vitalis grew even bolder at this event, if possible. I blame the lace I added to his sleeves the night before. I spent my day tablet weaving, watching the Bardic Competition, connecting with members of the populace, and eating. Lots of eating. Between the four taverns (breakfast, second breakfast, luncheon, and tea) it's a wonder I had any room at all at feast. Serving at feast was a bit daunting, but ultimately very memorable and rewarding. Vitalis and I attended Court for the first time! My favorite part was learning about the tradition called The Hero's Portion. It was such a lovely way for the populace to celebrate and recognize one another.
- Kings College 2022 – Attended What’s in your Bard Book, Combat Archery and Siege Weapons, Ansteorran Insignia, Peer Round Table, So you Want a Wiki Page, and Woodworking 101. I had a wonderful time, learned about all kinds of subjects, and took as many notes as I could. The most memorable class was the Peerage Round Table. It was attended by: Duchess Willow de Wisp, King Floki Gierrekkson of Ansteorra, Queen Elizabeth Caton of Ansteorra, Princess Deanna della Penna of Vindheim, Baron Perrin de Beaujeu, Duchess Margherita de Mantua, Iarl Owen ap Aeddan, And many, many more. At the end of the class, Willow had a token for each of the peers: a satchel with five silver pennies, the wages of a knight. When leaving I was stopped and she insisted that I have one of these tokens. “If you were not asking questions as you were, we would not have had anything to discuss.”
Populace Provided Information:
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
Non-Armigerous Awards and Recognitions:
- Married to Vitalis d'Mare
- Always in the presence of Úallach inghean Uí Dhubhshláine
In Case of Court: