Masina da Ferrara
Fingerloop Braiding at Namron Beltane, 2019
Photo by Zubeydah
|Order of Precedence|
Azure ermined, a lion of Saint Mark passant guardant maintaining beneath its forepaw an open book Or, a point pointed argent.
Maestra Masina da Ferrara, OL
Previously Known As:
Additional Registered Heraldry:
- Local Offices Held
- Regional Offices Held
- Kingdom Offices Held
Masina Da Ferrara is an educated lady who lives in Ferrara (which is a World Heritage site in the present day). She is interested in sericulture, fiber arts, and loves calligraphy because she likes to learn how to write in order to record knowledge.
- Silk production
- Fingerloop braiding
- Or Nue embroidery
- Passementerie/ Posament
- Calligraphy and Illumination
- Needle lace and bobbin lace
Timeline of Activity and Focus of Study:
2015 - Present: fingerloop braiding
2019 - Present: Passementerie
2020 - Present: sericulture and Or Nue embroidery
2022 - Present: Calligraphy and Illumination
- Barony of Namron
Populace Provided Information:
I'd like to give some well deserved word fame for Maestra Masina Da Ferrara who coordinated a slew of classes leading up to Kingdom Arts and Sciences. I was lucky enough to be on two of the panels she organized. She did a great job as facilitator and teacher. Well done!!
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- 2016: Arts and Science Champion, Barony of Namron
- 2018: Arts and Science Champion, Province of Mooneschadowe - named Artisan of the Eclipse
- 2018: Created Fingerloop Braids for a pearl hairnet for Queen Margherita de Mantua to wear at her Coronation.
- 2018: The Arts & Sciences Champion of the Sable Shields of Ansteorra - Sable Shield Tournament
- 2019: Created fingerloop braids offered at a private fundraising auction to support Royal travel to Pennsic, raising $100.00 towards the $880 total with her work.
- 2019: Created Fingerloop Braids for the Royal Garb of King Vladislav Strelec at his Coronation
- 2019: Fingerloop Braiding and an embroidered silk bag as a contribution to the royal gift basket for the Queen of the Outlands
- 2020: Fingerloop Braiding and a silk bag as a gift basket contribution for the Kingdom A&S Champion
- 2020: Gold Posaments for the Coronation Royal Garb
- 2022: Designed an original scroll for the Rapier Champion of Vindheim
- Co-Administrator, Known World Loop Manipulation Facebook group
- Winner, 2022 Steppes Artisan
- 2023 Received a perfect score at Gulf Wars for her display
Non-Armigerous Awards and Recognitions:
- Received the Argent Fleur from the Barony of Namron
Masina is a teacher who educates in the areas of graphics design, digital tools, and technologies.
In Case of Court: