Joselyn Allyne Reynard
|Order of Precedence|
Ermine, a red fox couchant between two tiger lilies, slipped and leaved, conjoined in annulo proper. [Vulpes vulpes, Lilium tigrinum] -- on lozenge, all items proper.
- 1 Her Grace, Joselyn Allyne Reynard, OP
- 2 Offices:
- 3 Persona History:
- 4 Interests:
- 5 Timeline of Activity:
- 6 Populace Provided Information:
- 7 Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- 8 Affiliations:
- 9 Mundane Information:
Her Grace, Joselyn Allyne Reynard, OP
Previously Known As:
Other Registered Heraldry
- Local Offices Held
- Minister of Arts & Sciences, Barony of the Steppes 1978-ish
- Regional Offices held
- Kingdom Offices Held
- Armored Combat - began fighting in 1974, and was told she had to take dance lessons 'balance out' the masculine pursuit of combat. Her primary instructors were Sir Philip the Freeborn, and her husband, Lloyd.
- Ethnobotony - Known in period as Wortcunning
- Embroidery - "It's hard to strangle someone if you have an embroidery hoop in your hands."
- Cooking - "I have a big collection of medieval cookbooks and am a good cook."
The Time I Was Used as a Ramp
"(SCA combat) got quite physical for me. In one combat, I accidentally turned myself into a ramp. It was a melee, and I’d gotten killed. I think I’ve mentioned that I had a Gallic helmet with a flange on it. I had a square metal shield, and I tucked up underneath the shield. I was laying on my side, and the shield rested on my helmet. Then I started hearing footsteps! There were these people that were running up to the line, and over me, using me as a ramp! I still have the marks of footprints on that shield. It was funny – I didn’t get hurt, or anything."
Timeline of Activity:
1974: Her introduction to the SCA was on the campus of LSU. She heard a lot of banging behind the azaela bushes...
July 1995: Moved to Ansteorra - to the Barony of Stargate area. Attended and fought in the first Gulf Wars
1978: Moved to the Steppes. That year, was part of the "Save the Steppes" meeting to help reconsitute the Barony.
1993: Got interested in fighting again. Inman MacMoore made her a helm and she bought a shield. She won a length of rattan at an auction. With those, she set about making a kit and getting on the field.
Barony of Draconia, Region of Meridies
Barony of Stargate
Populace Provided Information:
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- Reworked the entirety of Kingdom Law during their 1st Reign
- Codified the Martialate Rules during their 1st Reign
- Was the Event Steward/Autocrat for twelve Steppes 12th Night events and one of the FloodLord events. She was also Autocrat of one of the Cattle Raids. A large amount of prework was done, publishing information about Celtic persona and costuming so that people could come in appropriate.
- Was the Event Steward/Autocrat for her own Step-Down Court and the Coronation for their Heirs
- Was the "Overflow Hall" Feast Steward for a 12th Night, preparing feast for those who had not been able to get advanced reservations (see notes)
- Legate of the 9th Legion 1996-1997
Non-Armigerous Awards and Recognitions
- Married to Lloyd von Eaker
- Member and past Legate of the 9th Legion
- Student: (Charles Swanson)
Married to her beloved for 45 years (as of 2020).
Member of the Clergy at her local church, having finished seminary school in 2019, holding a Masters degree in the arts of Ministery and a BA in History.
Daughter: Della (Karina von Eaker) Played in NERO for a while, but was told she hit too hard (Daddy taught her too well)
In Case of Court
I don't feel that a woman necessarily needs to be escorted into Court. I am a Peer and Noble, and can escort myself if my husband is not present.
Has severe asthma - she keeps an inhaler in a green silk pouch which can be utilized in case of emergency.