Sosha Lyons O'Rourke
|Order of Precedence|
Sable, eight swords four in cross and four in saltire points to center argent overall two lion's heads erased addorsed Or.
- 1 Honorable Lady Sosha Lyons O'Rourke
- 1.1 Additional Registered Heraldry:
- 1.2 Offices:
- 1.3 Persona History:
- 1.4 Interests:
- 1.5 Timeline of Activity:
- 1.6 Populace Provided Information:
- 1.7 Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- 1.8 Affiliations:
- 1.9 Mundane Information:
Honorable Lady Sosha Lyons O'Rourke
Previously Known As:
Additional Registered Heraldry:
- Local Offices Held
- Regional Offices Held
- Seneschal, Central Region 2001 - 2003
- Kingdom Offices Held
14th Century Englishwoman living in the Middle East
- Period Cooking - from the Middle East, Italian, English, Spanish and Roman
- Brewing Mead
- Blackwork Embroidery
- Weaving - Inkle and tablet
- Fencing: Tournaments and Melee
- Middle Eastern Dance
Timeline of Activity:
1991: Started in Stargate. First event was Pennsic 20th. You get up at 7:30 and you fight until 5:30, and you leave the field, go shower and get something to eat, and then party until 2 a.m.... and do it again all week!!
Upon return home, jumped into offices.
1997: Moved to Bryn Gwlad. Took on office of the Chronicler. I was in the middle of finishing my degree, and I thought, Hey, this will be a fun and relaxing job, since I enjoy writing... This was also the year I decided to enter my first arts & sciences competition.
2000: Attended Gulf Wars for the first time. I loved it because it was smaller and the family group camping was nice. Great fighting (... but the shopping wasn't as good as Pennsic, and you've got to shop as hard as you fight, right??)
2001: The Central region needed a Seneschal. It was a good education taking a role at the Regional level.
- Barony of Stargate
Populace Provided Information:
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- Served as a Cadet, traveling 4 weekends a month to attend tournaments, for a period of 9 years
- Taught multiple classes at Gulf Wars and Pennsic on Period Cooking, Subtleties, Presentation, Coffee, Brewing, Edible bodies of work, Middle Eastern Dancing & Zills.
- Have been Feast Steward for 12+ feasts, and served as Autocrat for more than 14 events, and hosted 8 Noble's Luncheons
Non-Armigerous Awards and Recognitions:
- Muse of Bryn Gwlad (Arts & Sciences)
In Case of Court:
Does not generally attend court due to high anxiety.