Myfanwy Ferch Eifion
|Order of Precedence|
Gules, an iris bendwise slipped and leaved between two Bowen knots argent.
- 1 Her Excellency, Mistress Myfanwy ferch Eifion, OP
- 1.1 Additional Registered Heraldry:
- 1.2 Offices:
- 1.3 Persona History:
- 1.4 Interests:
- 1.5 Timeline of Activity:
- 1.6 Populace Provided Information:
- 1.7 Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- 1.8 Affiliations:
- 1.9 Mundane Information:
Her Excellency, Mistress Myfanwy ferch Eifion, OP
Previously Known As:
Name Pronounced: "Muh-FAHN-way verch Evan"
Alternate Persona(s): Khairtai of the Moritu
Additional Registered Heraldry:
The following badge associated with this name was registered in December of 2018 (via Ansteorra): Argent, a mushroom gules, cap spotted argent, within a serpent in annulo vorant its own tail vert.
- Local Offices Held
- Regional Offices Held
- Southern Regional Seneschal
- Kingdom Offices Held
- Prior Waiver Secretary
- ER Replacement Seneschal
- Officer Application Coordinator
14th Century Wales
- Volunteering: Working Gate, serving as a List Mistress, event staff, and stewarding events
- European Dance - both participating and teaching
- Period Clothing
- Weaving - inkle and kumihimo
Timeline of Activity:
- My first event was Candlemas of 1992: I went with some friends from college. I hit the ground running in 1993 with Phelim Gervase, primarily focused on the group on campus. Baroness Louise was one of the people who would regularly talk to me, and helped me feel like I belonged. We would go and see all the people for whom the SCA was really a lifestyle - then realized that's who we were becoming, too. I was appreciative of people like Kein and Alisha and Daffyd and Octavia, who allowed me to be a part of their entourage, as this helped me to get to know more people - some of whom are dear friends even today.
- My first war was Pennsic of 1997. My son was 1 year old, and stayed behind. We camped with the Moritu. I walked into camp and everyone there was so welcoming - I knew that I would have been safe to bring my son, and that sense of comfort and security made me know that I had found my people. I did a lot of shopping, a lot of partying, and had a lot of fun.
- 1997: When I served with Kein II and Alisha II, I was tasked with coordinating thank you notes for anyone who gave the Crown a gift. The Crown would make notes for me and I would calligraph a note with their royal signet and mail them out. For me, it taught the importance of the noblesse oblige aspects of Royalty and Nobility.
- 2007: I was doing a lot of work, and going to a variety of people for advice on how to traverse the politics of the SCA. Karl and Kasilda were two people who were mentoring me a great deal. Right about this time, I was also doing a lot of the arts - I received my Iris before I received my Star. Focusing on service wasn't a specific choice, it happened organically with the opportunities I had at the time and the mentorship I received.
- 2011: While the Baroness of Bryn Gwlad, I was walking down the street of Gulf Wars. One of the youth of the Barony came running up to me to show me an arts and sciences project that they had made at the War. It was such a touching moment for me, that this young person was excited about their experience and wanted to share it with me, their Baroness.
Populace Provided Information:
HE Myfanwy Ferch Eifion and HE Phelim Gervase were the first “royals” I met in the SCA. It was during Candlemas of 2011. I was living in San Angelo during the time and part of the Santa Angela Renaissance Guild. A group of us went down to visit friends who were part of the SCA. I recall enjoying feast and dancing the night away. During court when they asked for newcomers one of my friends ushered me forth. Myfanwy and Phelim gave me a ring as a token of welcome that I still have to this day. Ever since I have always given them a hug and enjoy dancing with them every chance I get.
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- Prior Landed Baroness of Bryn Gwlad
- Event Steward, Known World Dance and Music Symposium 2019
Non-Armigerous Awards and Recognitions:
- Married to Phelim Gervase
- Prior Protegee to Sir Karl der Gaenger
- Prior Apprentice to Mistress Clare RosMuire St. John (deceased)
- Protegee: Magdalena Cortez
- Member: Dark Horde Moritu
- Member: Company of St. Mark
- Prior Protegee: Isabella Maria della Rosa, OP
In Case of Court: