Katrina Alyse Argo
Photo by Phocas of Bordermarch
|Order of Precedence|
(not yet registered)
- 1 Lady Katrina Alyse Argo
- 1.1 Additional Registered Heraldry:
- 1.2 Offices:
- 1.3 Persona History:
- 1.4 Interests:
- 1.5 Timeline of Activity:
- 1.6 Populace Provided Information:
- 1.7 Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- 1.8 Affiliations:
- 1.9 Mundane Information:
Lady Katrina Alyse Argo
Previously Known As:
Nickname(s): Katrina Knarrabringa (Viking persona), Momma Cammie (always)
Additional Registered Heraldry:
- Local Offices Held
- Co-Deputy Chronicler for Bordermarch (2002)
9th century Celt from the highland area of what is now known as Scotland
- Woodburning (Pyrography)
- Kumihimo braiding
Timeline of Activity:
First Event: Loch event at a place we called “Almost Hell” back in 1985!
I began playing in the SCA in 1985 as a way to encourage my youngest son who is dyslexic to read in order to develop his persona. I was quickly accepted into House Web by Master Arachne the Red and grew to love the Society and the ideals that it stands for. During my early, formative SCA years, Master Arachne taught me the joy of serving my fellow SCAdians, any Barony I was playing in or with and my Kingdom.
In the fullness of time, I made the acquaintance of Sir Arenvald Kief av Kiersted and Mistress Lorraine Deerslayer. Through them, I have gained many valuable and long friendships, including the relationship I have with Mesterinde Annes Clotilde von Bamburg, whom I am very proud to call my Pelican.
I was graced with receiving my Award of Arms from Duke Jean-Richard Malcolmson and Countess Gladwen of Ayelsford in the Barony of Raven's Fort 13 years after joining the SCA. I received my Protégé Belt from Mesterinde Annes Clotilde von Bamburg in the Barony of Raven's Fort and my Sable Thistle from the gracious hands of Baron Armand and Baroness Caitrin in the Barony of Bordermarch. In the year 2012, I was honored with a Sable Crane from the hands of Aaron and Amelot.
Populace Provided Information:
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- Organized two SCA demos (Raven's Fort & Gleann Abhann).
- Did artwork on a table gifted to Calontir.
- Regularly participate as kitchen staff, server, waterbearer, sit gate, and serve as entourage for Baron & Baroness.
- 2003: Created and completed the artwork, burn work and carving for the Bordermarch thrones at the request of Baron Armand and Baroness Caitrin.
- 2004: Acted as Merchant Steward for the first joint event between Bordermarch and Raven's Fort then known as “RavensMarch”.
- 2009: Gulf War - 11 volunteer hours.
- 2011: Gulf War - Decorated Royal Pavilion, volunteered 16 hrs, & served as entourage for Baron Brian.
- 2011: Stargate/Loch Soilleir Baronial - assisted with Noble's Luncheon & stood ceremony for a Pelican elevation.
- 2013: Southern Regional War College - Merchant coodinator, assisted with taverns, sat gate.
- 2013: Donated 2 boxes of handmade soaps, bath salts and body sprays to the Gulf War Largess baskets.
- 2013: Wrote article for publication in local newsletter on staining and sealing raw wood.
- 2013: Donated hand braided insignia belt cords for the Sable Falcon, King’s Archer, Sable Sparrow, Queen’s Rapier, Golden Bridle and Sable Flur at Coastal Grand Baronial.
Non-Armigerous Awards and Recognitions:
- Married to Lord Thorkin of Blackthorne
- Protégé to Mesterinde Annes Clotilde von Bamburg
- Squire to Sir Arenveld Kief av Kiersted
- Member of Haus Kiersted
Proprietress, Longship Furniture
In Case of Court: