Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair
|Order of Precedence|
Or, a saltire engrailed between four lozenges ployé vert.
- 1 His Excellency, Maighstir Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair, OP
- 2 Offices:
- 3 Persona History:
- 4 Interests:
- 5 Timeline of Activity:
- 6 Prior Groups
- 7 Populace Provided Information:
- 8 Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- 9 Affiliations:
- 10 Mundane Information:
His Excellency, Maighstir Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair, OP
Previously Known As: Duncan
Title Pronounced: "May-stir"
Other Registered Heraldry
- The following device associated with this name was registered in March of 2005 (via Ansteorra) and changed/retained in April of 2009 (via Ansteorra): Per chevron Or and vert, two casks proper and a Celtic cross argent.
- The following badge associated with this name was registered in April of 2009 (via Ansteorra): Per chevron Or and vert, two casks proper and a Celtic cross argent.
- The following badge associated with this name was registered in February of 2010 (via Ansteorra): (Fieldless) On a saltire engrailed couped vert, nine lozenges ployé Or.
- Local Offices Held
- Prior Landed Baron of Namron (2006 - 2010)
- Prior Treasurer, Barony of Namron
- Prior Herald, Barony of Namron
- Regional Offices Held
- Exchequer, Northern Region
- Archery Marshal, Northern Region
- Kingdom Offices Held
- ER Deputy Kingdom Exchequer
- Deputy Kingdom Chronicler/Treasurer, Black Star account
- Kingdom Exchequer (2012-2014)
- Golden Staff Herald to Jason II & Marguerite II
13th C Highland Scot.
- Heraldry (Voice)
- Archery (Combat & Target)
- Rapier & Chivalric Combat
Timeline of Activity:
Populace Provided Information:
Donnchadh once turned off the water to Namron camp at Gulf War, because he saw Caterina playing in the mud with a bunch of people, and he knew she would head for the shower next. He is such a sneeky hobbit!
One time, while I was the Baroness, I was SO under the weather. I wanted to go to Ansteorra Chili night, but I was unable to make it. I sat outside of my tent, facing the road, watching chili night happen. Donnchadh came up and sat next to me. He became the voice of Namron. He would summon people for me, ask my questions, and tell everyone what I was thinking. It was rather funny, until he tried to get TRM over!
Donnchadh has been a constant source of information and wisdom since I joined the SCA, and I value his expertise in many areas. But, I would also never turn my back on him if he has a saddle.
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- 2005: Event Steward, Beltane
- 2007: Castellan of Northkeep
- 2007: Ansteorran Liason, Known Worlde Party, Gulf Wars, XVII
- 2008: Royal Herald to RMs Aaron III & Vanessa II
- 2008 - 2010: Archery Commander, Ansteorran Army - Northern Region: 2008 - 2010
- 2009: Site Direction, Ansteorra XXX Anniversary
- 2009 - 2010: Archery Commander, Ansteorran Army - Kingdom: 2009
- 2009-2010: Entourage, TRMs Owen ap Aedden I & Genevria I
- 2010: Golden Staff Herald, TRMs Jean Paul I & Gilyan I
- 2011: Titled Bard of Wiesenfeuer
- 2011: Event Steward, Namron Protectorate
- 2011: Entourage, TRMs Lochlan I & Gwen I
- 2018: Golden Staff Herald, Jason Drysdale II & Margherita de Mantua II
- 2020: Assistant Royal Herald, Jason Drysdale III & Margherita de Mantua III
- Donnchadh was the first Peer made in the Incipient Principality of Vindheim, at the first event within the Incipient Principality, Namron's Beltane, on 05/01/2021.
- During his elevation, Donnchadh received a buffet from Her Royal Majesty, Margherita de Mantua, and had a pelican-blazoned spang thrown at him by His Royal Majesty, Jason Drysdale.
- Prior Protege to Sir Karl der Gaenger
- Member, House Wolfstar
- Star to Lyra O'Ruairc
- Arc D'Or to Captain Savage