|Order of Precedence|
Pean, on a sinister glove argent a raven sable.
Device Graphic by Master Etienne le Mons
- 1 Master Davius St. Jacques, OGRE, OWST
- 2 Offices:
- 3 Persona History:
- 4 Interests:
- 5 Timeline of Activity:
- 6 Populace Provided Information:
- 7 Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- 8 Affiliations:
- 9 Mundane Information:
Master Davius St. Jacques, OGRE, OWST
Nickname(s): "Not Mahdi"
Previously Known As:
Other Registered Heraldry
The following badge associated with this name was registered in June of 2012 (via the East): Sable, nine gouttes in chevron inverted argent.
- Local Offices Held
- Knight Marshal, Shire of Dragonfly Marsh, Meridies
- Knight Marshal, Shire of Starhaven, Trimaris
As the second son of the second most famous wainwright in all of Gascony, young Davius spent much time , and more of his father's money than his family liked, carousing, galivanting, and engaging in other reckless pursuits , mostly near local watering holes ...
His penchant for making snide comments - he would say, "giving needed commentary" - led to him learning more about the use of his blade than most of his other rich and carefree friend group. His athleticism and high intelligence led to him actually becoming quite adept at causing PHYSICAL injuries to go with the injuries to their persons that people felt they had need to seek redress from him for.
Well, drinking and being what he believed was the lifeblood of his local social scene led to him one day accepting a round from a dashing new sea captain in town - one Griffith Davion - and being fairly oblivious, missing the coin slipped into his drink...
A career in "preemptive maritime salvage" (or death) being the offer he received for having taken the man's coin, our ever self-preserving hero chose the high seas, and now serves as the Sailmaster aboard the Argent Tyger a ship full of lovable and not so lovable miscreants. Little did he know how well the lifestyle would fit him, and his rapier wit - and no small portion of his rapier SKILLS - have served him well, and helped him not only survive, but THRIVE amongst the cut throats in his new existence ....
- Rapier - Tournament and Melee
- Armoured Combat - Tournament and Melee
- Combat Archery
- Heraldry (Book and Voice)
- Bardic - Storytelling more than singing
- Stained Glass (Ok, it's been years and years)
Timeline of Activity:
2000: Started in the East Kingdom: When I first started, I found the SCA accidentally. I bumped into some friends who I used to juggle with, and they said they were getting together and doing a thing on the weekend at the park and I could come out. So I went out with them, and was hanging out with them juggling, and off to the other side, I accidentally saw dudes fighting fighting with swords - what looked like REAL swords. And I was like, "Wait, what, this is a thing?! I could do that?!" So I ran over and I hung out. This was before we had the insurance debacle, so they let you actually kit up at the demo. So I got to fight, and had a blast. I thought, "This is the thing. The greatest thing ever. I wanna do this for the rest of my life." So they told me about fencing and the SCA - so I started looking it up. Technically, my first event was a shire meeting - no, a Barony business meeting. They were trying to figure out who was going to be able to run for Baron and Baroness. So I accidentally walked into a business meeting, by accident. So I started going to fighter practices. I was wearing my sweatpants and t-shirt, and was like, "Ya'll ain't gonna get me in that lame poofy shirt. Like, it's not happening." But they said, "Hey, there's more fighting at an event! You should show up to some events." "... More fighting?" "Yeah. But you gotta wear the (poofy) shirt." So Something Fishy This Way Comes was my actual first event. I had been going to practices for six or seven months at that point. I was dressed in a pair of sweat pants and that poet shirt. I met my friend Stirling there, at that event. He's a big Steelers fan, and I am a Raider's fan. The sweatshirt I had was a Raiders shirt - and he had his Steelers shirt. And we fought that day for pinks - pink slips - and the loser had to give up their shirt. I actually won - I beat him - and took his shirt. (He's also the guy who I day-tripped to his Knighting ceremony, from Florida. That's how close we are. I drove from Florida all the way up here to make it to his knighting, because that's my man.) So, yeah. "Something Fishy" was my first event. I had authorized that day, and I fought that day... and I realized I didn't look that bad in the lame shirt...
2003: Got orders to go to Guam, which is Kingdom of the West. I was stationed there for two years. When I got there, there were actually SCAdians there. There were 4-5 families and were doing heavy fighting, most of them. I said, "Aw, man, I don't do heavy, but I'll hang out." They reached into their bags and pulled out rapier gear and said, "we do that, too!" I got to fight rapier for my first four weeks there, but then they ALL got orders and shipped out. I was there, without the SCA, for about a year.
2004: Moved to Meridies. The group there was defunct. I actually got my Award of Arms for helping them restart Dragonfly Marsh.
2006: I switched jobs in the Air Force, and had to go for training, that was a year and a half. I was sent to Ansteorra, in Bjornsborg.
2007: Before I had to leave, I became a cadet to Pieter Rausch. There were a lot of jokes about how he put a scarf on my arm as I was getting on the plane, but it wasn't quite that close. Then I headed back to the East Kingdom, and was there for 4 years.
2011: Orders sent me to Florida - to Trimaris.
2019: I retired from the Air Force and moved to Philadelphia, the Barony of Bhakail, in the East Kingdom.
(Many... see above Timeline.)
Populace Provided Information:
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- Trimaris Royal University: While this started off primarily for Armored combat, I helped Chlothar develop a program for Rapier, bringing in instructors from out of Kingdom to help shape the rapier community.
- In Trimaris, they had three Kingdom Rapier tourneys: Defender of the Queen's Heart, Champion of Trimaris, and Champion of the Roses. No one really knew what the difference between the three was, other than they were held at different times of the year. Chlothar and I and a bunch of other folks sat down and defined roles and responsibilities for those three champions. We gave them job descriptions and codified their duties. We helped to foster the Cult of Regina in Trimaris, to build more of a connection between the Rapier community and the Queens.
- Queen's Champion: 1x in the Kingdom of the East, 3x in the Kingdom of Trimaris - and was Champion of Trimaris the other two years I wasn't Queen's Champion. In the East Kingdom, it is a bestowed title. In Trimaris, it is a Tournament.
Non-Armigerous Awards and Recognitions
- Apprentice to Master Collin Monroe, OP, Kingdom of the East
- Member, Cadcaster Militia - East Kingdom fencing households, which seems to generate left handed fencing voice heralds at an alarming rate... (8 so far)
- Member, Feileacan Ghairdin (Butterfly Garden) of Trimaris
- Member, The Wandering Turnip Farmers (Known World) - It started as a place for three folks who didn't have a place to camp. We are from a bunch of different kingdoms. We show at wars that don't belong to any of our Kingdoms.. (etc) We were chosen to be the third party in a two party war, one year, by Atlantia! Our household has an augmentation of arms for service. We show up and work. We're kind of built in back up for the autocrats of War of the Wings. They usually pay us in food and cookies - which is a good thing.
- Member, Semper Insidious (personal household with cadets)
- Prior Cadet to Pieter Rausch
- Alexandros Tagaris Pantechnes (2018)
- Katya Gordon (2019)
- Saraphina de Firenzi (2019) - So, I have a half cadet... I know that with how she moves ... down the road, I know I can teach her. But I am terrible with teaching how to start fighting. We have one of the best people for building a fencer out of the box, in Trimaris, in my friend Chlothar. So I kinda nudged him to take her as a Cadet. But she's also my cadet, because I would be teaching her as well.
In Case of Court