Post-Event Thank You Email
Back to Autocrat's Little Helper
It's the nice thing to do to send a thank you note to the people who showed up and those who helped (and they're often the same people). And when you send a nice note out, a lot of the time, you'll get nice notes back. And that's nice, lol.
I always have a problem with wanting to thank everyone personally, and then getting mostly through the letter and realizing that I didn't see who did Thing X, and then scrapping the whole thing because I don't want to forget anyone. So, here's a template of features that are nice to include in a thank you letter to more people than you can sanely list by name.
Points to Include:
- Semiformal Greeting including when the event happened and what it was (name of event including number)
- Thanks to Visitors from far away, especially
- Thanks to Merchants (if you had any)
- Thanks for help with this year's "catastrophe" (every year has one)
- Activity turnouts if they were good or notable
- Competition winners (include play-by-play and/or honorable mention if possible)
- Include Insegnante here, or separately - just don't forget them!
- Home-group people who received awards and did notable awesome things
- Say nice things about Feast!
- Say nice things about the Site!
- Ask for pictures to be posted somewhere
- Sign off with something upbeat/optimistic