Mooneschadowe's Mock Court
Back to Autocrat's Little Helper
Vailathai (our resident Latin scholar) came up with Stulti Cors as a Latin approximation for this phenomenon.
Mock Court Traditions
This tradition is meant to be an Orientation:
- Primarily for "old newbies" (ie, who have been around for a little while [maybe since War] but may not have ever been to Triumphe)
- For the rest of us to practice the Triumphe Processional
- For "new newbies" (Demo recruits) to a VERY limited degree
I'm not sure how far back the tradition goes (2006 at the latest!). Rhiannon Redwulf once asked during Guardian event planning if the Mock Court could be combined with a regular Populace meeting to streamline the process. I think both would lose some vital characteristics if that were done, but it's a nice idea!
Mock Court Jobs
- King (often a pretty girl) and Queen (often a hairy-faced boy)
- Herald - Makes sure we cover all the important points including: Calling people by their correct titles, following standard protocol
- Narrator - Interrupts what’s going on to explain what’s happening for people who may not know.
- Scribe - Makes fun scrolls ahead of time (can be made on a free certificate generator).