Maria Helena la Gitana de Castile
|Order of Precedence|
- 1 Her Excellency, Mistress Maria Helena la Gitana de Castile, OP, Baroness of the Court of Ansteorra
- 2 Offices:
- 3 Persona History:
- 4 Interests:
- 5 Timeline of Activity:
- 6 Populace Provided Information:
- 7 Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- 8 Affiliations:
- 9 Mundane Information:
Her Excellency, Mistress Maria Helena la Gitana de Castile, OP, Baroness of the Court of Ansteorra
Motto: Character is what you do when no one is watching.
- Regional Offices Held
- Northern Regional Exchequer
- Kingdom Offices Held
- Kingdom Exchequer, Kingdom of Ansteorra
Maria Helena Perez was the headstrong daughter of 10th Century nobles in the County of Castile, Kingdom of Leon. Not content with boring castle life, she would often sneak down to the encampments of mercenary Visigoths hired by her father. The… ladies… in camp taught her how to drink, dance and gamble. They also gave her the nickname Gitana.
Like any good Catholic girl rebelling against an arranged marriage, she met a handsome young warrior and left with him to seek her fortune. She never returned to Castile and never again used her family name.
Out in the world, Gitana discovered she had a special talent for bookkeeping and finance. She accumulated a comfortable fortune bookkeeping for merchants, noble households, wealthy rulers and one small kingdom.
Costuming, sewing, list mistressing, bardic circles, working gate for local groups and her household.
Timeline of Activity:
1988-2018 with time off for various health issues and one really BIG tornado.
Barony of Wiesenfeuer
Populace Provided Information:
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- Autocratted various events for the Barony of Wiesenfeuer, the Northern Region and House Wolfstar.
- Creator and many time coordinating autocrat of the Northern Region Tribute to Ansteorra fundraiser event.
Non-Armigerous Awards and Recognitions
- Mooneschadowe Queen of Grace and Wisdom 1991
- White Wolf, House Wolfstar, 2019
Connie Jones was retired from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation. She enjoyed her kitties, online gaming and casino slots. She was also an avid fan of Elvis, Gone with the Wind, Harry Potter and Celtic Thunder.
All information submitted by Anita L. Campbell (s.k.a Kat MacLochlainn) as official representative of the Estate of Connie S. Jones.)