Madalena de Orozco
Winning 2016 Steppes Artisan!
|Order of Precedence|
Or, an urchin rampant contourny purpure its quills impaling apples gules.
- 1 Madelena de Orozco
- 1.1 Additional Registered Heraldry:
- 1.2 Offices:
- 1.3 Persona History:
- 1.4 Interests:
- 1.5 Timeline of Activity:
- 1.6 Populace Provided Information:
- 1.7 Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- 1.8 Affiliations:
- 1.9 Mundane Information:
Madelena de Orozco
Previously Known As:
Additional Registered Heraldry:
- Local Offices Held
- 2008 - 2009 Bjornsborg chronicler
- Regional Offices Held
- 2015 - 2016 Southern Regional Scribe
- Kingdom Offices Held
- 2009 - 2010 Kingdom Chronicler deputy for newsletter production
- Prior Deputy kingdom Minister of Children
- Kingdom Minister of Children, July 2018 - 2020
Madalena de Orozco, Spanish born, accepted a citizenship agreement from the Italian hamlet of Soana in the Duchy of Tuscany. Soana wanted to compete with nearby Orvieto in pottery and maiolica production, so they offered Madalena a monopoly on the region for production of pottery for several royal families and upper level merchants.
Madalena had spent most of her childhood as an apprentice in a lusterware pottery center in Valencia, Spain.
She risked her life to accept the appointment, taking with her the knowledge of lustre and finicky red pigments; she would never sail to Spanish shores again, lest she be tried for treason.
Ceramics: Namely maiolica. I also teach how to throw bowls, cups and plates.
Fiber arts: I have worked in all things fiber. "From sheep to shawl," as they say. I've taught classes in dyeing, spindle and wheel spinning, Tablet weaving, rigid heddle, multi-harness looms, embroidery, and sprang. I enjoy knitting in my free time and absolutely love dyeing and spinning.
Timeline of Activity:
Populace Provided Information:
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- 2013 Elfsea Artisan
- 2014 Kingdom Arts and Sciences - chosen as a Gulf Wars artisan for maiolica plate "Dragon Howling at the Moon"
- 2014 Stargate Artisan
- 2017 Steppes Artisan
Non-Armigerous Awards and Recognitions:
In Case of Court: