Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra
|Order of Precedence|
- 1 al-Sayyid Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra
- 2 Offices:
- 3 General Information
- 4 Persona History:
- 5 Interests:
- 6 Partial Timeline of Activity:
- 7 Populace Provided Information:
- 8 Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- 9 Affiliations:
- 10 Mundane Information:
al-Sayyid Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra
Previously Known As: Amra M'Chib Bakerian
- Local Offices Held
- Pursuivant (Moonschadowe, Wiesenfeur);
- deputy Pursuivant (Kings Crossing/Aethelmarc);
- Minister of A&S (BRIEFLY, Moonschadowe)
- Hospitaller (the Steppes)
- Kingdom Offices Held
- Pursuivant Extraordinaire (Ansteorra)
Have taught SCA classes in five different kingdoms but only attended two interkingdom "wars" (Ansteorra vs. The Middle), although I have been to the Pennsic gates once... And I happen to be a bit of a bard, and Bard. (PLUG: read my paper on the subject)
Nearly as long and convoluted as his SCA participation history... SHORT version: merchant and gentleman-adventurer in the last quarter of the 1500s, ranging from Iranistan to Nuevo Mexico and too many points in between.
Heraldry (multiple disciplines)
Bardic / Entertainment
Calligraphy & Illumination
"everything" (see def. of Bard...)
Partial Timeline of Activity:
William Blackfox (Mark Wallace) attends B.E.A.S.T wargaming convention on OSU campus and GETS OUR ATTENTION; we follow up by a visit to Nord aus das Strom fighter practice...
Attended First War with The Middle (northeast Oklahoma)
Mellisande Dragonstar and Friedrich von Sternwald, accompanied by Bryan Dragonsword, visit and guide us through the "next step" process to become a branch
Moonshadow becomes incipient Shire
In a pre-planned bureaucratic sequence (for the sake of OSU officialdom), Amra becomes first Chancellor of the OSU Medieval History Society, only to swap positions with Burke and take over as President of the OSU Wargaming Association later the same day.
Amra continued participation with Moonschadowe (however the name has changed over the years) through mundane graduation and returns whenever he can even now. "Moonschadeen Forever!"
More briefly, since leaving Mooneschadowe, Amra has since participated as at least a temporary resident in:
The Debatable Lands, Aethelmearc
Kings Crossing, Aethelmearc
Ayreton, The Middle
Falcon Keep, Northshield
... and has taught formal as well as informal classes in a number of other local branches and for events in at least six SCA kingdoms.
Populace Provided Information:
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- [unofficial] Curmudgeon-in-Training, F.O.B. (Friend of Blackfox), Kitchen Idiot (sca-cooks)
- Local officer in every core position in at least acting or deputy capacity EXCEPT Marshal
- co-Autocrat (several events over the years, most recently Steppes Warlord as part of House Triad)
- Pursuivant Extraordinaire, Ansteorran College of Heralds
- Have served unofficially in support of commentary process for both Laurel KOA Da'ud II and Pelican QOA Margaret.
- Regular contributor to event staff efforts across four decades and more events than he can remember.
Non-Armigerous Awards and Recognitions
- Acorn of the Steppes
- "Yea, Us!", Shire of King's Crossing, Aethelmarc
- House Dreamwind of the Shadowed Moon
- the Revel Alliance (Steppes)
Studying heraldry since age 8 or 9 (at least ten years before hearing about SCA...); Sharpening knives & such at least as long. Sometimes
merchant, VERY wide stack of interests within SCA framework. Mundane IT professional.
In Case of Court
Visually impaired -- may need a seeing-eye page in crowded court conditions ...