Zubeydah & Abe at Ansteorra 40th Year, 2019
Photo by Gunhilda Adeleva Amberstar
|Order of Precedence|
Azure, an ewer bendwise within an orle argent. Achievement by Alisandre Oliphant
- 1 Her Excellency, Zubeydah Hanim, BQC, CB, OP
- 1.1 Alternate Persona
- 1.2 Additional Registered Heraldry: Achievement
- 1.3 Offices:
- 1.4 Persona History:
- 1.5 Interests:
- 1.6 Timeline of Activity:
- 1.7 Populace Provided Information:
- 1.8 Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- 1.9 Affiliations:
- 1.10 Mundane Information:
Her Excellency, Zubeydah Hanim, BQC, CB, OP
While her registered name is Zubaydah, she prefers the alternate spelling, Zubeydah.
(The initials after her name (BQC), are the designation given to those who are Bearers of the Queen's Cipher of the Kingdom of the Outlands.)
Nicknames, Known-Bys, and Odd Titles:
- Zuzu (This nickname was given by Sigen Fridreksdottir, and is welcome and makes her smile.) (Beydah is NOT her name. Zub is RIGHT OUT.)
- In Mooneschadowe, she is known as Don Zubeydah of the Waterbearing Mafia * / **
- On the Armour Archive, she holds the title of Dark Overlord Chick of the Universe and is best known for her summary and index of The St Florian Project by Robert MacPhereson (File:The St Florian Project - A Summary of Work.pdf), liberal political views, and a certain discussion of ladies underpinnings.
- In the Northern Region, she is known as the Patron Saint of Chocolate
- For a span of time in March of 2020, she was given the title of "Official Neutral Marshal of Mayhem" for her arbitration of a wiki-content-battle between the Barony of Namron and the Barony of Wiesenfeuer.
* Important!! This does not, in any way, imply that Zubeydah has a White Scarf of Ansteorra. Please note the 'Mafia' part of the name. :D
** The first rule of the Waterbearing Mafia is that we don't talk about the Waterbearing Mafia...
- Zubeydah uses the Turkish title for Peerage, "Hanim."
Previously Known As: When she first started in the SCA in the Outlands, she used Kestrel of Ravenshold.
Zubeydah is currently exploring an alternate, Norse persona, named (Hersirkona) Ilsabet Wilhelmsdattir.
Additional Registered Heraldry: Achievement
Mantling: Argent goutty azure, and Azure
Helm: Persian helm argent, faces affronty
Crest: Dexter human hand holding a quill, writing upon a page, argent
Coronet: Baronial with six points topped with pearls
Dexter Supporter: Domestic cat rampant guardant sable, armed and orbed gules, maintaining a book Or
Sinister Supporter: Griffin rampant guardant sable, armed and orbed gules, maintaining a book Or
Motto: That which is not written is forgotten
Notes: Compartment is a pile of books and scrolls. A wreath of Pelican feathers encircles the arms.
- Prior Northkeep Baronial Waterbearer
- Current Chronicler, Barony of Northkeep, June - Present
- Prior Northern Regional Waterbearer (Warranted Office - 2003-2004)
- Kingdom Historian, September 2019 - Present
- Site Administrator - Ansteorra Wiki, 2011 to Present
- Prior Vscribe to the Historian's Office (Warranted Office - 2 years)
- Prior Scribal Guild Vscribe (Warranted Office - 3 years): Tripled the number of featured original works, created the Charter Library and Insignia Library
- Prior Waterbearer's Guild Vscribe (non-warranted)
Born without many prospects, she was affianced at an early age to a wealthy merchant. At his urging, she and her family accompanied her fiance on a mercantile venture to the Middle East. The caravan was attacked. She was the sole survivor, left for dead. Found by a wandering tribe of nomads led by Sir Haroun ibn al-Dhi'b al-Abyadh of the Outlands, she was rescued from the cruel sands of the desert and nursed back to health. She was given the name Zubeydah by Haroun. Her restless spirit did not allow her to accept his hospitality for long, and earned her the name 'al-Badawiyyah' - the Wanderer. She left the deserts and found a home in Ansteorra, where she was captured, body and heart, by an unusually well-dressed Ostrogoth named Abe Vivitar Von Gebric
Timeline of Activity:
Populace Provided Information:
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
Non-Armigerous Awards and Recognitions
In Case of Court