|Order of Precedence|
Centurion Wulfgard Martel
Martel was born in 1078 in Dunholm, a part of England that was still under the Danelaw to some extent. Martel followed Robert Curthose, son of William the Conqueror in the 2nd wave of the first crusade. In 1099 he was a part of the force that took Jerusalem. After the successful crusade, Martel took service with Alexios I Komnenos, the Byzantine emperor and joined his guard.
I am a prolific armorer specializing in cheaply getting folk in armor. I have made armor out of hardened leather, plastic, steel, and aluminum.
I am a chivalric fighter. I do okay in a tournament, but I live for battle and war.
I enjoy rapier fighting, especially when I can support my kingdom at a war.
I have dabbled in blackmithing, but there is only so much time.
Timeline of Activity:
I started playing with swords in 2000. Starting with a HEMA group called the Tulsa School of Defense (now Tatershall Tulsa). I then joined a boffer group called MELEE.
Tested the waters in SCA a few months in 2011. I finally switched over to all SCA in 2015. Triumph that year is what I consider my anniversary event.
Populace Provided Information:
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
I have been a part of building a super solid medieval battle family. Anything else is secondary.
- Bordermarch Autumn Melees 2016: Became a Star of House Wolfstar
- ..Accidentally became Huntsman of Chemin Noir, 2017
- 24th Dionadair of Northkeep
- Braggart's War 2017: Became squired to Sir Jason
- wInterKingdom 2018: Received a non-armigerous service award, the Merlon, from the Baron & Baroness of Northkeep
- Gulf Wars 2018: Became Centurion #148
- In recognition of team effort to repair the on-site fort, received the Sable Sparrow at Castellan 2018.
- At Namron's Beltane 2018, became the Namron Fool (by accident!)