Sable Thistle of Ansteorra
There shall exist in Ansteorra an award unto which shall be given by the Crown unto people who have shown outstanding work in any field of the arts and sciences.
The Award may be given to an individual more than once, but only once for a particular field.
Holders of the Award shall be entitled to be styled and announced in procession as “Holder of the Sable Thistle for [field of art or science].”
Holders of the Award shall be entitled to wear a medallion or pin depicting the badge of the Award.
The badge of the Award shall be (Fieldless) A blue thistle sable, slipped and leaved Or.
Holders of the Award shall take precedence after Holders of the King's Gauntlet of Ansteorra and Queen's Glove of Ansteorra and before the companions of the various baronial orders. The Awards of the Sable Thistle of Ansteorra, Sable Crane of Ansteorra, and Sable Talon of Ansteorra are held to be of equal precedence.
- The Sable Thistle of Ansteorra was created by the 1st Crown, Jonathon DeLaufyson Macebearer and Willow de Wisp, XIV (1979).
- Revised by Lloyd von Eaker and Joselyn Allyne Reynard, XIV (1979).
- Revised by Sigmund the Wingfooted and Sieglinde Syr, XVII (1983).
- Revised by Seamus of the Cats and Karlanna of Applecross Woods, January XXII (1988).
- Revised by Duncan Arthur Ross the Black and Larissa Alwynn Clarewoode, September XXXVI (2001).
- Revised by Aaron MacGregor and Britta MacGregor, March 23, XXXVI (2002).
- Revised by Aaron MacGregor and Britta MacGregor, August XXXXI (2006).