Robin of Gilwell
|Order of Precedence|
Ermine, on a chief double-arched to base gules a moustache Or.
- 1 His Excellency, Master Robin of Gilwell, OL, OP, MOD, Defender of the Dream
- 2 Offices:
- 3 Persona History:
- 4 Interests:
- 5 Timeline of Activity:
- 6 Populace Provided Information:
- 7 Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- 8 Affiliations:
- 9 Mundane Information:
His Excellency, Master Robin of Gilwell, OL, OP, MOD, Defender of the Dream
- Local Offices Held
- Regional Offices held
- Kingdom Offices Held
Elizabethan in London - 1590s (originally, Robin was pegged as "400 years ago". But in 1601 that became post-period, so I've been stuck in the 1590s ever since.
No specific persona story. I had a rather elaborate one when I started. But the richness of the persona story is inversely related to the richness of the person. (Your persona story is what you make up. Your persona is how you act and what you say when you're in persona.)
- Fencing & Fencing Research
Timeline of Activity:
My first SCA activity was a baronial meeting in 1975, and I instantly knew I wanted nothing to do with these weirdos. But I fenced with my college fencing buddy at the SCA compund at the Texas Renaissance Festival, and started getting active locally in early 1978.
Then on March 10, 1979, Prince Simonn and Princess Tessa established the order that became the White Scarf, and I was committed.
I've lived in two baronies in four kingdoms - Steppes in Atenveldt and Ansteorra, and a brief spell in Wyvernwood in Meridies and Trimaris (though I was never active in Meridies.)
Populace Provided Information:
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- Queen's Champion to Sieglinde II
- Queen's Blade of Honor for: Conal I
- Founding Master of Defense.
- Authored the first fencing rules for Trimaris, and was instrumental in getting fencing started in the Midrealm.
- First person to win Premier Bard twice, and the first to win it three times. I am the only person (so far <July 2018>) to win Queen's Champion and Premier Bard.
- Eight of my cadets are now White Scarves. (Three are Pelicans, two are knights, two are Laurels, and one is a Master of Defense.)
- Member of the SCA Census 2010 committee.
- Chairman of the Additional Peerage Exploration Committee.