Order of the Chivalry
The Order of the Chivalry is one of the Peerages, equal in standing with the Order of Defense, the Order of the Pelican, and the Order of the Laurel.
How do you become one?
It is the highest award given in the SCA for excellence in tournament combat.
Excerpt from the Corpora
There are two equal parts of the Order of Chivalry: Knighthood and Mastery of Arms. No one may belong to both parts of the order at one time. When a member is admitted to the Chivalry by the Sovereign, the choice of which part of the order to join is made by the new member. The candidate must be considered the equal of their prospective peers with the basic weapons of tournament combat. To become a Knight, the candidate must swear fealty to the Crown of their kingdom during the knighting ceremony. Masters of Arms may choose to swear fealty, but are not required to do so.
What are the duties of the Chivalry?
From the Corpora
The duties of the members of the order are as follows:
- To set an example of courtesy and chivalrous conduct on and off the field of honor.
- To respect the Crown of the kingdom; to support and uphold the laws of the kingdom and Corpora.
- To enrich the kingdom by sharing his or her knowledge and skills.
- To support and uphold the Crown of their kingdom.
- To enhance the renown and defend the honor of the peer's Lady or Lord.
- To advise the Crown on the advancement of candidates for the Chivalry.
- To bestow the Accolade of Knighthood upon a candidate for the Order of Knighthood, by sole right as both Sovereign and knight, or acting directly for a Sovereign who is not a knight.
Do they have reserved regalia?
The Order of Knighthood's insignia is a plain gold chain worn around the neck and a white belt. Badges are: 1) A white belt. And 2) A circular chain.
The Order of Mastery of Arms' insignia is a white baldric. Their badge is: A white baldric.
What is the proper form of address for a Knight?
Members of the Order of Knighthood are referred to as Sir. When written the name of the knight might be followed by KSCA.
What is the proper form of address for a Master of Arms?
Members of the Order of Master of Arms are referred to as Master or Mistress. When written the name of the Master might be followed by MSCA.
Who are our Chivalry?
- Listing from the OP of the Knights
- Listing from the OP of the Masters of Arms
- A listing of the Chivalry of Ansteorra