Difference between revisions of "Mooneschadowe"
|Line 45:||Line 45:|
Will include photos
Revision as of 08:01, 30 April 2013
Official Web Page
This is the page for the Province of Mooneschadowe located in Stillwater, Oklahoma. This is the only province in Ansteorra as of the group's elevation to this status in 2006. Mooneschadowe is located in the Northern Region of Ansteorra.
Founding / History
- In September 1978 (A.S. XIII), William Blackfox attended a wargaming convention at OSU and introduced a number of students to the SCA.
- By April of 1979 (A.S. XIII), the Incipient Shire of Mona Sceaduw was formed.
- By September 1979 (A.S. XIV), Mona Sceaduw was formally recognized as a Shire.
- Here's a page from the research conducted toward a bid for Baronial status between 1995 and 2005: http://mooneschadowe.ansteorra.org/files/historymoon6.pdf
- After many years of hard work and numerous events, in January 2006 (A.S. XL), Mooneschadowe became a Province!
- AS XV - (Jan. 1981), the name Mona Sceaduw and the device, Sable, in pale a sun eclipsed argent and a laurel wreath, a chief Or, were registered with the College of Heralds.
- AS XIX - (Jun. 1984), name was officially changed to Mooneschadowe. We tried to register the "bullethole" badge but it failed.
- AS XXIII - (Nov. 1988), a different concept on the bulltehole badge - failure again.
- AS XXVI - (Jul. 1991), device change to: Sable, a sun argent, eclipsed sable, and on a chief Or, a laurel wreath sable. At the same time we registered our first badge: (Fieldless) A lion-dragon statant contourny Or.
- AS XXIX - (Apr. 1995), tried a third time for a bullethole badge -- epic failure.
- AS XXX - (Jan. 1996), 2nd badge: (Fieldless) A peacock in its pride proper.
- Mooneschadowe Founders
- People of Mooneschadowe
- Populace List - approximately 1995
- Officers of Mooneschadowe
- Medieval Studies Group (MSG)
- Champions of Mooneschadowe
- Award of the Province's/Shire's Honor
- Stewards of Guardian/Triumphe
Will include photos as my attention span holds.
- MOG Minster - named after Ox's trip to Westminster Abbey. The design of the pavilion includes elements from that Abbey.
- Honor - the smaller of the two that were bought at the same time.
- Glory - the larger of the two that were bought at the same time.
- Charity - Square. Designed by Charles. Used for Gate at Triumphe and the Kitchen at Gulf War.