Mooneschadowe's Timing for Triumphe Planning/Preparation
This is a timeline for the aid of Seneschals and Stewards for Triumphe. These timings may be adjusted for other events - ie expanded or truncated as needed. The headers are left intentionally vague for this purpose.
- 1 Eight Months Out
- 2 Seven Months Out
- 3 Six Months Out
- 4 Five Months Out
- 5 Four Months Before the Event
- 6 Three Months Before the Event
- 7 Two Months Before the Event
- 8 Month Before the Event
- 9 Month Of the Event
- 10 Month After the Event
Eight Months Out
For Triumphe, this is January.
- Announce the due date for Autocrat and Feast Steward bids: preferably at an Officer's meeting
- Accept bids as they come in, and do NOT commit to a decision (or promise people the win)!
- Reason for starting this early:
- If someone is enthusiastic to start this early, it'll give them more time to address the important points more thoroughly.
- If no one is enthusiastic to start this early, it'll give the group some notice that we'll have to work a little harder to make it happen.
Seven Months Out
For Triumphe, this is February.
- Announce that Autocrat and Feast Steward bids are due at March Officer's
- Remind Officers that bids are due at the end of next month.
- Solicit feedback re: if anyone's working in that direction.
Six Months Out
For Triumphe, this is March.
- Remind Populace that bids are due at the end of this month.
- Discuss bids that have come in.
If competing bids come in:
- Have the parties present their case
- Ask parties to wait outside of earshot (and eyesight, too, if possible) while the officers' discuss the merits of each bid. A solid consensus MUST be reached.
- Announce the winning bid.
- Work that can begin immediately:
- Request or Confirm the date on the Kingdom Calendar
- Establish or confirm that the site is booked
- Event website
- Painting for championship charters
- Finding information for the Event Ad in the Kingdom Newsletters
- Recruiting help for event-specific jobs
Five Months Out
For Triumphe, this is April.
- Announce the awarding of the bids and ask people to assist these parties!
Four Months Before the Event
For Triumphe, this is May.
- Who's doing things? Now is the "calm" for you to sit still and think about your best-case plans.
- Be advised that college students may not be at all interested in making a commitment at this time. Keep the Populace updated about the current activities/needs/plans.
Three Months Before the Event
For Triumphe, this is June.
- Are you putting an ad in the newsletter two times, one in the month-of and one in the month before? If yes, the first is due now (see note in the next month's section).
- How is delegation going? What jobs need filled?
Two Months Before the Event
For Triumphe, this is July.
- Event ads going in newsletters are due at the end of this month. (Due the last day of the month with one full month between due and printed
- ie: due at the end of July to be printed in September; due at the end of December to be printed in February.
- Arrangements for calligraphy on the Champions scrolls
- Email to the Kingdom and Region (and beyond) listservs
Month Before the Event
For Triumphe, this is August.
- Update the Populace about: jobs that need to be filled, status of any concerns.
- Finalize the following: Site Tokens, Championship Scrolls, Gate Shifts
- Campus Demo Day
- Mock Court
- Gate Class
Month Of the Event
For Triumphe, this is September.
- Have you presented your current, full plan to the Populace, in person, lately?
- Get your receipts to the Reeve/Gate Coordinator, and remind others to do so, too.
- Triumphe: when giving Ranger Roger the site fee check, confirm that we're on his calendar for next year.
Month After the Event
For Triumphe, this is October.
- Keep poking at the Reeve/Gate Coordinator about the Event Report. They can't send it in until you sign it, and it's due by 30 days after the event closes.