King's Gauntlet of Ansteorra
A leather or cloth gauntlet bearing an Ansteorran star (a mullet of five greater and five lesser points sable) and the granting king’s sigil/cypher
The King's Gauntlet of Ansteorra is an AoA Level award given in the Kingdom of Ansteorra for service to the King.
There shall exist in Ansteorra an award unto which shall be given by the King unto persons found to have served him well and faithfully, above and beyond what is normally expected of a citizen of Ansteorra. Holders of the Award of the King's Gauntlet shall be entitled to be styled and announced in procession as “Holder of the King's Gauntlet of Ansteorra."
The number of awards given shall not be limited, either in number of holders of the Award or in number of monarchs choosing to honor one individual.
Holders of the King’s Gauntlet of Ansteorra shall be entitled to carry a cloth or leather gauntlet bearing an Ansteorran star (a mullet of five greater and five lesser points sable) and the granting King’s cipher.
Holders of the Award shall take precedence after simple Grants of Arms and before the companions of the various baronial orders. The Awards of the King's Gauntlet of Ansteorra and Queen's Glove of Ansteorra are held to be of equal precedence.
A leather or cloth gauntlet bearing an Ansteorran star (a mullet of five greater and five lesser points sable) and the granting king’s sigil/cypher.
Artist: Gwenllian verch Madyn
(One of a set of four)
Metal gold embroidery on silk ground fabric, emerald cabochons, silk for the tassel, wool padding, silk thread, with well over 700+ hours of work.
Artist: Katrionna Heather MacLochlainn
"I did the metalwork on these for Gabriel II, in 2017. His Majesty attached the suede squares to the leather cuffs himself."
Artist: Branwyn O'Brallaghan
Gauntlet for Mikael of Monmouthshire II, given to Cynric of Bedwyn. "It was very much like the Surfer King to give out a welding glove."
- The King’s Gauntlet of Ansteorra was created by the 1st Crown, Jonathon DeLaufyson Macebearer and Willow de Wisp, XIV (1979).
- Revised by Lloyd von Eaker and Joselyn Allyne Reynard, XIV (1979).
- Revised by Seamus of the Cats and Karlanna of Applecross Woods, January XXII (1988).
- Revised by Duncan Arthur Ross the Black and Larissa Alwynn Clarewoode, September XXXIV (2001).
- Revised by Aaron MacGregor and Britta MacGregor, March 23, XXXIV (2002).
- Revised by Aaron MacGregor and Britta MacGregor, August XXXXI (2006).