Difference between revisions of "Ian the Green"
|Line 87:||Line 87:|
Revision as of 14:53, 18 April 2021
|Order of Precedence|
Lord Ian the Green
Previously Known As:
Other Registered Heraldry
- Local Offices Held
- Prior Chatelain - Shire of Grey Gargoyles
- Prior Chatelain - Shire of Mynydd Seren
- Regional Offices Held
- Constellation Regional Chatelain, Middle Kingdom
- Constellation Deputy Signet, Middle Kingdom
(Mid 13th Century, Scotland) Ian is the third son of a well to do Noble Scottish family. He has an affinity for the color Green so much so that he came to be called Ian the Green. As a calligraphy scribe I decided that having a church education for my persona was the best and most likely way for him to learn to read and write in the 13th century. However, my persona is not a member of the church.
Not being the heir and neither the spare,
"To the church!" my Da' said and I was sent there.
It was the learning to write that in my head stuck,
The clergy part however was struck!
Scribal – calligraphy, ink making, pigment making, parchment making, codicology, paleography, scribal tools and materials and metal pens in period. Fencing – Rapier, Cut and Thrust, Grappling, Period Masters. Service – Hospitaller (called Chatelain(E) in a previous Kingdom), Demos, Retention Activities, Scribal Challenges, Sable Star Scribblers School, Marshalling Rapier and teaching. Miscellaneous – Gender roles in period; Myths of King Arthur.
Timeline of Activity:
Barony of Eskalya, Principality of Oertha, West Kingdom; Province of the Silver Dessert, Principality of Cynagua, West Kingdom; Province of Tree Girt Sea, Midlands, Middle Kingdom, Barony of Jaravellir Northshield; Shire of Mynydd Seren, Constellation, Middle Kingdom; Shire of Greyhope, Constellation, Middle Kingdom.
Populace Provided Information:
I call him Mr. The Green. That is not pertinent information, but it is true. One of my family's first events was King's College, and several of our older children attended a calligraphy class that Mr. The Green taught. They were nervous about attending and trying something that looked difficult. Afterwards, they talked about his class for hours, excited and ready to practice at home. He had warmly included them into his class and adapted his instruction so it was relevant to the full spectrum of attendees. His passion and knowledge for his art is impressive.
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- Autocrat - Constellation Scribal Event April 2012
- Ayreton Towne Cryer - 2005 to 2008
- Headed Midrealm Scroll Blank Challenge 2012 to 2013
- Headed Midrealm Scroll Blank and Scroll Case Challenge, 2011 to 2012
- Headed Northshield Scroll Blank and Scroll Case Challenge 2008
- 1st Place - Iron Gall Inks - Middle Kingdom A&S Faire 2013
- 1st Place - Cipher Ink (invisible ink)- Middle Kingdom A&S Faire 2013
- 1st Place - Iron Gall Inks - South Oaken Regional A&S Faire 2013
- 1st Place - Cypher Ink (invisible ink) South Oaken Regional A&S Faire 2013
- 2nd Place - Calligraphy Middle Kingdom A&S Faire 2012
- 1st Place - Calligraphy - Constellation Regional A&S Faire 2012
- A&S Monthly - Midrealm Artisan of the month May AS XLVI (2011)
- 2nd place - Ink Making – Middle Kingdom A&S faire 2011
- 2nd place - Calligraphy - Constellations Regional A&S Faire 2011
- 1st place - Ink Making - Constellation regaional A&S Faire 2011
- 2nd place - Calligraphy – Middle Kingdom Kingdom A&S faire 2006
- 1st place Calligraphy- Midlands regional A&S Faire 2006
- Shire of Mynydd Seren Premiere Rapier Champion, February 2013 to June 2013
- Defender of the Iron Ring of Northshield #37, #39, #42
- Defender of the Iron Ring of the Middle Kingdom 4 times.
- Prima Spada Participant - Started at rank 37 and finished at rank 17.
- Line commander at Pennsic 35
I originally Apprenticed to Mistress Magdalena von der Plesse, then foster-apprenticed to Master Llewelyn ap Tiernon. Foster apprenticed to Master Aethelstan until his passing. Foster Apprenticed to Osanna van der Linden.
Student (dependent) to Master Adahm MacAoidh, MoD
Member of the Thieves of Hearts