Difference between revisions of "Francisca Sastre de Arellano"
|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
|Line 96:||Line 96:|
====In of Court:====
[[Category:People of Bryn Gwlad]]
[[Category:People of Bryn Gwlad]]
Latest revision as of 15:36, 23 December 2021
|Order of Precedence|
"Quarterly sable and gules, in canton a sun Or eclipsed sable."
- 1 Honorable Lady Francisca Sastre de Arellano
- 1.1 Additional Registered Heraldry:
- 1.2 Offices:
- 1.3 Persona History:
- 1.4 Interests:
- 1.5 Timeline of Activity:
- 1.6 Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- 1.7 Affiliations:
- 1.8 Mundane Information:
Honorable Lady Francisca Sastre de Arellano
Previously Known As:
Additional Registered Heraldry:
- Local Offices Held
- Bryn Gwlad Scribal Guild Head – May 2016 to 2019
- Bryn Gwlad Deputy Seneschal – Fall 2013 – Fall 2014
- Bryn Gwlad Clothier’s Guild Master - Spring 2012 - May 2013
Spain, Arellano, Navarre 1450-1500
Francisca is primarily focused in Calligraphy and Illumination, with a stronger emphasis on the Illumination. She also enjoys inkle and pick up weaving. I am looking to
pursue card weaving and researching diptych and triptych construction.
Timeline of Activity:
October: Contributed a personal Illuminated letter of intent to Queen Amelot
January: Won second place with a design based on Savalo of Valenciennes.
- Particpated in a sable swap, sending an illuminated original page based on the Visconti Hours.
- October: Contributed both the Rapier and Heavy championship scrolls to the Bryn Gwlad Zombie Tourney. Based on Souls Tormented in Purgatory from the Hours of Catherine of Cleves and The death of Simon Magus, from the Nuremberg Chronicle or Liber Chronicarum, respectively.
- Won the halberd cover contest held by Renée DuValier at Candlemas. The overall design is based on the Prophecies of the Popes. The banner design (to properly pull in the title of the publication) was from the Hours of William Lord Hastings.
- Competed in the Candlemas A&S Champion ship with a piece based on the Visconti Hours.
- Participated in an international art swap, contributing a hand bound book, personalized with the recipients heraldry.
- Competed in Fynnon Gath's Jägermeister A&S Championship. The piece was a carpet page based on Tyniec Sacramentary.
- Contributed an original star of Merit to the kingdom.
- Contributed a Chivalric championship scroll for Bryn Gwlad, Versal designed from Illumination in a 12th century manuscript of a letter of Gregory’s to Saint Leander, Bishop of Seville.
- Contributed three championship scrolls to Fall Baronial for Bryn Gwlad, called Legends of the Third Crusade, Equestrian Champ, Rapier champ, and Chiv Champ.
- Contributed the Chivalric Championship scroll to Bryn Gwlad's fall Baronial based on Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana's book of Job.
- Completed a rework of a Golden Martlet for Grishka Kravtsovich. Grishka has a Russian persona so this scroll was done in the style of Walters Ms. W.535, Gospel lectionary - Divine and sacred Holy Gospel fol. 9r based on the non-figural ornamentation by scribe Luke the Cypriot.
- Made a second Queen's Choice scroll at the request of Her excellency. Done in the style of the book of Kells.
- Contributed an original scroll based on Collenuccio's Apologues (Agenoria, Misopenes, Alithia, and Bombarda) and Lucian's Dialogues (De raptu Europae, Galene et Panope, and De Paradis iudicio) for the Queen's choice winner in A&S. Contributed the scroll for the populace's choice for the same event, based on Institutio Phederici Reynerii in dignitatem rectoris civitatis Canee in insulae Cretea ab Leonardo Laurendano duce Venetiarum.
- Contributed an original scroll for Hellsgate's Chiv Championship. It was based on page called the Harrowing of Hell in Illustrated Vita Christi.
- Contributed an Original scroll for Bryn Gwlad's Arts and Sciences Championship. His Excellency specifically requested that Burney 275 particularly f. 293 be used.
- October: Made the Chivalric Peerage scroll for Lucius Hadrianus Swordbreaker using raised gesso, based on Trajan’s Column.
- Contributed an original in period pigments for the Stronghold of Hellsgate A&S Championship.
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- Award of Arms 2012-04-21
- Sable Thistle of Ansteorra 2016-01-16
- Iris of Merit 2017-09-30
Non-Armigerous Awards and Recognitions:
- Member of Compagnia Della Sprezzatura
In Case of Court: