Elen Verch Phellip
|Order of Precedence|
"Per chevron sable and argent, two keys inverted argent and in base a raven rising wings elevated and addorsed gules."
- 1 Mistress Elen Verch Phellip, OL
- 1.1 Additional Registered Heraldry
- 1.2 Offices:
- 1.3 Persona History:
- 1.4 Interests:
- 1.5 Timeline of Activity:
- 1.6 Notable accomplishments
- 1.7 Notable Contributions
- 1.8 Affiliations:
- 1.9 Mundane Information:
Mistress Elen Verch Phellip, OL
Additional Registered Heraldry
Badge: (Fieldless) A crow rising gules.
Local Offices Held
- Bryn Gwlad MOAS July 2013-December 2014
- Former Principle of the Bryn Gwlad Fiber Arts Guild March 2012-August 2015
- Prior Minister of Arts & Sciences pro-tem, Afonlyn, Kingdom of the Middle (2010)
- Southern Regional MOAS December 2014-Present
Monmouth, Wales, 1380s.
- Fiber Arts
- Calligraphy and Illumination
- Sewing (costuming and pattern-drafting)
Timeline of Activity:
Afonlyn, Kingdom of the Middle
August 2009: Attended a general demo at the BSU campus.
September 2009: Attended Activities day demo at BSU campus.
19 September 2009: Attended Dance and Dessert Revel
14 November 2009: Attended Midwinter Nights
1 January: Became Afonlyn's MoaS pro-tem
6 February 2010: Attended Afonlyn Intro to SCA Event
6 March: Attended Ceilidh, in the Barony of the Flaming Gryphon
12 March: Attended Afonlyn's St Patrick's Day Feast
1 May: Received AoA from Midrealm
Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra
26 June 2010: Attended King's College in Stargate
30 October 2010: Attended Bryn Gwlad Baronial Event
11 December 2010: Attended Bryn Gwlad Yule Revel
5 February 2011: Attended Bryn Gwlad Candlemas
17 September 2011: Attended Ren Day in the Park Demo
23 September 2011: Attended Bryn Gwlad Baronial Event
20 October 2011: Attended Queen's Champion
4 February 2012: Attended Bryn Gwlad Candlemas
March 2012: Became Principle of the Bryn Gwlad Fiber Arts Guild.
28 April 2012: Attended Queen's Champion
25 August 2012: Attended Laurel's Prize Tourney
8 September 2012: Attended War of Ages in Bjornsborg
29 September 2012: Attended Bryn Gwlad Baronial. Helped organize Baronial A&S Challenge. Awarded the Muse of Bryn Gwlad. Made Apprentice to Mistress Amata Amati d'Arezzo.
10 November 2012: Attended (and helped organize) BG Arts and Sciences Day, and taught a beginning embroidery class.
Afonlyn, Kingdom of the Middle
- Award of Arms (Midrealm) May 2010
- Muse of Bryn Gwlad (Baronial Award for A&S) September 2013
- Sable Thistle (Knitting) February 2013
- Received 40+ tokens at Kingdom A&S: Gulf War Artisan (Egyptian Stockings)
- Sable Thistle (Embroidery) October 2013
- Order of the Iris of Merit June 2014
- Sable Flur (Alden Drake’s Achievement of Arms Scroll) September 2015
- Elevated to the Order of the Laurel At Steppes Warlord on May 29, 2016
- Leader of the Bryn Gwlad Fiber Arts Guild -- focusing on the revitalization of the the Fiber Arts Guild.
- Co-Organizer, Arts & Sciences competitions and challenges -- working with newcomers to overcome fears about documentation and submitting their first A&S entry.
- “Five Basic Embroidery Stitches”
- “Viking Treasure Necklaces” (children’s class)
- “Introduction to Scribal Materials”
- “Medieval Veil Wearing 101”
- “Designing with Dover” (co-taught with Lady Helene von Braunshweyg)
- “Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes” (co-taught with Cecilie de Leicester)
- “Smocking 101”
- “Introduction to Calligraphy”
- Former Apprentice to Amata Amati d'Arezzo
- Member, House Domus Amicorum
- Richard of Essex is my Champion
- Member of Atelier Amati