Ekaterina Iadorovna Kharlampieva
Steppes Artisan, 2019
Photo by Zubeydah
|Order of Precedence|
Per pale gules and argent, a chevron inverted and in chief a Russian Orthodox cross sable.
- 1 Her Excellency, Baroness Ekaterina Iadorovna Kharlampieva
- 2 Offices:
- 3 Persona History:
- 4 Interests:
- 5 Timeline of Activity:
- 6 Populace Provided Information:
- 7 Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- 8 Affiliations:
- 9 Mundane Information:
Her Excellency, Baroness Ekaterina Iadorovna Kharlampieva
Previously Known As:
Other Registered Heraldry
The following badge associated with this name was registered in July of 1996 (via Ansteorra): Argent, on a delf throughout vert an elephant statant proper.
The Story of My Badge
Warlord 21: This event was to be my first time autocratting. At a business (populace) meeting, you go in and update the group on how the planning is going, etc. I sat there at the meetin, and they said, "OK, Katya! How's Warlord coming along?" I looked down and said, "I have so much stuff in my head, I dunno, but I have
to tell you about the dream I had!" So I then told them about this dream: "We were on the Canton site, but it was early on in the development of that site. The big building on the hill wasn't there, and we were going to be fighting down where Archery is usually now held. We had set the lyst field there. So, it's Saturday morning, and I'm walking through the lyst field towards the head pavillions... banners are flapping in the wind, a nice little fog is rolling in across the grass. It is absolutely quiet and no one is awake yet. And I'm walking, walking up to the head pavillion. I turn around and look at the lyst field, and the lyst field is COVERED in miniature elephants. Packed full of them!"
They all laughed and I said, "I don't know what it means, but y'know, there you are."
Someone relayed to me later that if you have seen an elephant in your dreams, it means that you have seen war. That you have gone through, been tried and tested. I said, "Well, I was definately tried and tested at Waterlord."
So I told all this to my friends, and throughout the event, all of these elephant things kept appearing in my camp. I had a stuffed elephant, an elephant pillow, all kinds of elephant things just started to appear. So my wonderful friends, since that time, have gifted me with elephants. I now have all kinds of elephant trinkets. An elephant mug. An elephant squirt gun.
For months after this event, people kept coming up to me and saying, "You know you can't do that, right?"
"Do what? What are you talking about?"
"You can't have a fieldless field."
"Uh.. Ok, thanks for telling me that...now, what?!?"
"On that badge? YOU CAN'T DO THAT. You can't have a fieldless field!"
"...Thanks for letting me know...? I'll, uh, take that into consideration."
I had a dozen people tell me this. I had no clue. Well, about a year later, my friends, bless their hearts, walk up to me, and say, "Hey, guess what we did! We made you a badge!!" And wouldn't you know it; it's an elephant on a green square. A fieldless field. And my elephant is on the lyst field!
- Local Offices Held
- Prior Seneshal, Barony of the Steppes
- Prior Exchequer, Barony of the Steppes
- Prior Minister of Arts & Sciences, Barony of the Steppes
- Prior Archery Marshal, Barony of the Steppes
- Prior Landed Baroness of Steppes (2014- 2017)
- Regional Offices held
- Prior Archery Marshal, Central Region
- Hospitaler, Central Region, April 2020 - Present
- Kingdom Offices Held
Portrait by Emma de Davyntre, completed during a populace meeting!
Posing with a tapestry made by Alexandria Doyle, crafted for a fundraiser
Artwork by William Blackfox
Rus/Norse. (But loves to dress in All The Things - Elizabethan, Italian, early period, etc.)
- Fiber Arts - Weaving, Kumihimo, Embroidery
- Basket Weaving
- English Country Dance
Timeline of Activity:
1990: It was either a Steppes 12th Night or Elfsea Defender, I can't remember which... but it was the dancing that made me want to stay.
1992: Attended first Gulf Wars -- Gulf Wars II
2003: Won Glaslyn Artisan - weaving & embroidery
2007: Entered first Archery tournament
2010: Won Steppes Artisan - body of work: Embroidery, archery items
2014: Granted the honor of serving as Baroness of Steppes.
Populace Provided Information:
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- Minion to Da'ud ibn Auda, when he was serving as the Laurel King of Arms, 1991 - 1992.
- Autocrat of the first Steppes Waterlord (Warlord 21 / 1993)
- Gulf Wars III: Shut down the afternoon's fighting. I was in charge of waterbearing, and the young person who was supposed to be in charge of waterbearing was on the list field. A member of the autocratting staff said they were about to turn off the water, due to an issue. She asked that they delay long enough for her to fill up all the jugs. A hold was called, and it took a while. By the time the waterbearers were prepared for the shut down, Inman, the Crown, had gotten tired of waiting and withdrawn from the field.
- Autocrat, SCA Board of Directors Meeting, Fall of 1993
- Artisan of the Flame (Glaslyn), 2003
- Steppes Artisan, 2010
- Wove 10 yards of double rams horn trim that was used on the Steppes Warlord Tunic. Took 60 hours.
- Was notified of her Device passing, in court, in person, from the Laurel King of Arms
Non-Armigerous Awards and Recognitions
- Acorn of the Steppes (x2)
- One of three Premier Heart of the Oak recipients
- Married to Mikhail Colquhoun
- Prior Arcarius to William Blackdragon, known as Ironwyrm
- Prior Apprentice to Asiya bint Mikha'il
- Member of the Blue Bonnet Bees (a hospitality guild)
In Case of Court
Please contact Mikhail Colquhoun if Katya is to be called into court for recognitions that are Grant level or above. If called into court, Katya is not able to kneel. She would prefer to have a chair available or to stand.
(Please see above note regarding court)