Cadfan ap Morgan
|Order of Precedence|
Argent, on a pair of flaunches sable, a pair of griffins combattant Or.
- 1 Master Cadfan ap Morgan, OL
- 1.1 Additional Registered Heraldry:
- 1.2 Offices:
- 1.3 Persona History:
- 1.4 Interests:
- 1.5 Timeline of Activity:
- 1.6 Populace Provided Information:
- 1.7 Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- 1.8 Affiliations:
- 1.9 Mundane Information:
Master Cadfan ap Morgan, OL
Previously Known As: Cadfan Dragonwys
Additional Registered Heraldry:
Period Cooking, Bardcraft, heraldry, banner-making. Also basic costuming and a little enamelwork "long ago."
Timeline of Activity:
I was introduced to the SCA in College Station, Texas, through the Cepheid Variable Science Fiction Society, a campus organization. This was in 1976 and I was still a high school student. I joined the SCA in 1978 while a freshman at Texas A&M. I was thus a subject of Atenveldt at the time. Simon and Tessa were the first Royalty I ever met. I was present at the founding of the Shire of the Shadowlands and knew all its original members.
In 1980 I started spending alternate semesters in the Clear Lake, Texas area because I was a co-op student working on the Space Shuttle at JSC. A loacl group had been founded by a Cepheid Variable member who had graduated and moved there, Aodhan ithe an Fiach, or Alec Ravensquill. Thus I was also present at the founding of the Canton, Later Shire and now Barony of Loch Soilleir, and knew all of its original members as well.
As a student I was the Bard of House Gilwell, the household formed by Master Don Robin of Gilwell. Through him I became acquainted with all the original White Scarves of the Society: Tivar, Gino, Robin and Gallowglass.
When I graduated in 1984 I moved to Clear Lake. I remained in the Clear Lake area until 2002 when I left for Abiliene and later Fort Worth. In 2003 I started doing contract work around the country and thus had the opportunity to live and participate in Caid, the Midrealm, and Meridies.
In early 2005 I returned to Ansteorra when I became a resident of Northkeep. I remained there until June 2009 when I moved to Atlantia (specifically Maryland), where I am now a resident of the Barony of Dun Carraig (St. Mary's County/Patuxent River NAS).
- Barony of Northkeep
- Barony of Loch Soilleir
- Kingdom of Atlantia
- Kingdom of Caid
- Kingdom of the Midrealm
- Kingdom of Meridies.
Populace Provided Information:
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- Prior Premier Bard of Ansteorra (1990)
- Created the Ansteorran Bard banners, as well as banners for each group that held an Eisteddfod in the following year.
- Designed the device of Loch Soilleir, as well as the badges for its original A&S Order, its name (the Order of the Otter), the name of its original Service Order (the Order of the Serpents Toils), and the badge for the Bard of Loch Soilleir.
- Author of the Chanson d’Ansteorra
Non-Armigerous Awards and Recognitions:
In Case of Court: