Alys of Alnwick
|Order of Precedence|
- 1 Lady Alys of Alnwick
- 1.1 Additional Registered Heraldry:
- 1.2 Offices:
- 1.3 Persona History:
- 1.4 Interests:
- 1.5 Timeline of Activity:
- 1.6 Populace Provided Information:
- 1.7 Trivia:
- 1.8 Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- 1.9 Affiliations:
- 1.10 Mundane Information:
Lady Alys of Alnwick
Previously Known As:
Additional Registered Heraldry:
- Local Offices Held
- Prior Hospitaler for the Shire of Gate's Edge for 3 years
- Acting Chatelaine (Hospitaler) for the Canton of Fearann Na Criche
- Prior Seneschal for the Canton of Fearann Na Criche
- Prior Minister of Children for the Canton of Fearann Na Criche
- Regional Offices Held
- Chatelaine for the Principality of Pentemere
- Kingdom Offices Held
In the time of Alfred the Great, currently located in the Yorkshire area, with a sojourn off to Dublin, and then back.
- The opportunity to guide people into their SCA experience
- Making Jewelry, especially anything with amber
Timeline of Activity:
1989: Had heard of the SCA in the early 80s. I dated a gentleman who was from the Kingdom of the East, but didn't really get involved at that time.
1991: I moved to Texas, and attended the Texas Renaissance Festival. I signed up at the booth there, and they reached and contacted me. My first event was the Crown Tournament when Rowan won by right of arms.
My first camping event was at the Stones. I went with Annes Clotilde von Bamburg, who was one of my earliest contacts with the SCA in Ansteorra. We were going to be camping in what she called the "Two Titty Pavilion." She was getting things ready in another part of the camp and asked me to deal with the tent. It was a pile of poles and fabric and ropes I had no idea what to do! I told her that, and she said, "You're a female. This is Ansteorra. See them? They're all squires and knights. They will get the tent up for you - just go ask. " I was surprised, but went up to Sir William Miesko the Bear, and said, "Annes wants me to get this pavilion up. I don't know what to do..." He turned and belted out, "SQUIRES TO ME!" And that pavilion got put up just like that. I was thinking: I like this! Yep, she taught me a little bit about Ansteorra that trip!
1994: Moved out of Ansteorra and off into distant lands, and began participating there.
- Shire of Gate's Edge
Populace Provided Information:
- The person who called me after I signed up at the Texas RenFaire was Annes Clotilde von Bamburg.
Notable Contributions or Accomplishments:
- Feast Steward for multiple events in Ansteorra and the Middle - If I'm not in the kitchen running the feast, I'm serving feast or being a kitchen helper.
- Regular helper at Troll/Gate
- Made champion's belts for the Tournament of the Nine Worthies in 1992-1993 time frame.
Non-Armigerous Awards and Recognitions:
- The White Wolf - a Baronial service award for Northwoods
- Two Northern Stars - another Baronial service award for Northwoods
Baron Sir Kief av Kierstad was a mentor, as was Baron Sir William of Weir, and much time was spent in their company.
A mathematics teacher since 1987, teaching middle school (8th grade) during the day, and at the college level at night.
In Case of Court:
I'm getting a bit on in years... kneeling might be an issue! I can get down, but would need help getting back up!