Difference between revisions of "81st Crown"
|Line 123:||Line 123:|
* '''Braggart's War''' - 08/30/19 - Laurel & Pelican Circles
* '''Braggart's War''' - 08/30/19 - Laurel & Pelican Circles
* '''Ansteorra 40th Year''' - Sep 19-22, 2019 - [[Mooneschadowe]] -
* '''Ansteorra 40th Year''' - Sep 19-22, 2019 - [[Mooneschadowe]] -
Revision as of 21:09, 7 September 2019
|80th_Crown||Vladislav Strelec & Margaret ny Connor||82nd_Crown|
*Coronation: April 13, 2019 at Isenholt
*Stepped down: October 12, 2019 at tbd
An overview of their reign.
Queen's Champion: John Drake
King's Champion: Andrew Turnbull
Queen's Blade of Honor: Avery Shaw
King's Blade of Chivalry: Amra Shieldsplitter
Royal Huntsman: Margherita de Mantua
Middle Eastern Dance Champion:
Royal Blade: Miguel Sebastian de Oporto
Guardian of the King's Dream:Henry ap Owen
Notes: King's Gauntlets made by Anastasiia Dmitrieva Sokolova.
Progress while Prince and Princess:
- Roundtable - 01/13/2019 - Eldern Hills
- (Prince) Provincial Games - 2/2/2019 - Mooneschadowe
- (Princess) Candlemas - 2/2/2019 - Bryn Gwlad
- Kingdom A&S - 2/9/2019 - Ffynnon Gath
- (Princess) B.A.D. Blank Academy of Defense - 3/1/2019 - Bjornsborg
- Gulf Wars - 3/9 - 3/16
- (Prince) Commanders Cruicible - 3/30/2019 - Hellsgate
- (Princess) Elfsea Defender - 4/06/2019 - Elfsea
- Coronation - 4/13/2019 - Isenholt: The words of HRM Vladislav, to Margaret: "Like all Ansteorran Queens, you are an inspiration, and not just to me. Like all Ansteorran Queens, your love for her and her people is evident in all that you do. Like all Ansteorran Queens, you are a strong, courageous woman who I would be proud to have stand beside me. In our traditions, the Queen rules beside the King, not behind him and certainly not beneath him. It is my wish that you stand beside me as my queen, but I will not, cannot, force that on you. If it be your will, I would ask that you take this and Crown yourself Queen of Ansteorra."
Trivia: At His Royal Majesty's Coronation, he was presented with a fine young camel by Hatiz Mufida.
- Loch Soilleir and Stargate Co-Baronial - 04/19/19: Her Majesty writes, "Greetings Ansteorra! I wanted to tell everyone what a great time we had this weekend at Stargate and Loch Soillier Co-Baronial! We got to do *all* the things! Target archery, axe throwing, horse archery, some fiber work, watching rapier and chivalric tourneys, eating a fabulous feast, and spending the day with some of the friendliest people ever! There are just too many people who made the event wonderful to mention them all, but special thanks to Their Excellencies Brenna, Sarra, Hennessey, and Krag for their warm hospitality (and gorgeous weather), and Their Graces Ulsted and Ebergardis for a tasty (and documented!) feast."
- White Scarf Ruby Anniversary - 05/03/19 (Queen): Her Majesty writes, "Home safe from a spectacular White Scarf Ruby Anniversary event! I truly can’t remember when I’ve enjoyed a tournament (actually a series of tournaments) more than this weekend! All the fighters were obviously having fun, and it showed in the grace and prowess shown upon the lyst fields. The weather was beautiful (especially considering the storms the night before), and once again the Baronies of Loch Soillier and Stargate threw a great event! Many thanks to the archers who indulged me for a bit and loaned me a bow, arrows, glove and vambrace. I very much appreciate your encouragement! Thanks to the Baronies and Their Excellencies of Stargate and Loch Soillier for their hospitality and for organizing such a wonderful event. Thanks to the rapier community who came together to celebrate 40 years of accomplishment. Thanks to Countess Tessa of the Gardens for being inspired by and then inspiring all that followed. And thanks to the Order of the White Scarf who have been, are, and will ever be the bulwark upon which the Queens of Ansteorra can place their honor, their love and their trust!"
- Namron Beltane - 05/03/19 (King) His Majesty writes, "The festival of Beltane was a wonderful time! It was the best event that I could imagine to go “solo” as the only Royal on site. Their Excellencies of Namron and the event staff were most gracious hosts. The event was very stress free and relaxed which set the mood for everyone to have such a grand time. I got to walk around with my Lady Wife and the Imperial Princess just talking with newcomers and members of the populace alike. There was a little bit of everything going on during the event that no one was idle for long, other than to catch their breath. As the day grew long the evenings Court was drawing close. Their Excellencies of Namron had their Baronial Court and following theirs Our Herald called for newcomers. And here they came, and kept coming, and kept coming… it was AWESOME! I almost ran out of newcomer tokens! The rest of court was just as great. I had the privilege of recognizing a LOT of amazing people for doing the things they are passionate about doing. I was also lucky enough to be the one that performed the Knighting Ceremony for Daniel Schade. It was my honor to welcome him into the Chivalry. After Court the merriment continued. There were refreshments, drumming, bardic circles, some more drumming and maybe even some more refreshments! It was an event that was pure joy and recalling it always makes me smile."
- Queen's Champion - 05/11/19: Masters of Defense and White Scarf circles. 51 entrants into the Queen's Champion lyst, and John Drake prevailed. The Queen's Blade of Honor is given to Avery Shaw. Her Majesty writes, "Home safe. Heart full. So very happy. I've tried four different drafts to explain how I feel about my Queen's Champion event yesterday, but I can't find words that are adequate. So, these will have to do for now. It was everything I could have hoped it would be. And I will steal shamelessly from something Meredith Anne said on another posting: The heart of a Queen has room for more than one champion, even if the dais doesn’t."
- Northkeep Castellan - 05/17/19 (King): His Majesty writes, "What a glorious Castellan! Thank you again to Their Excellencies, the event and feast stewards and crews, and the populace that attended! It was a day of joy and merriment! Even after the long day, and the evening festivities, I awoke this morning full of excitement and recharged with all the smiles and positive energy."
- Steppes Warlord - 05/24/19: Arc D'Or, Centurions, and Chivalric circles: His Majesty writes, "Steppes Warlord was my birthday weekend. I could not have imagined a better way to spend my birthday! I was with my lovely wife, Lady Kearra, the Imperial Princess, my chosen family and surrounded by the best populace in the Known World! The weather diviner was spot-on with their prediction of a warm, but not smoldering hot, weekend. Everything was just spot on perfect for the weekend. We hosted Our Royal Blade and Royal Hunstman tournaments, the Warlord Tournament was full of honor and chivalry, the Bardic Championship was one of the best that I have had the honor of attending. And there was a “Happy Birthday” hafla where I drummed until the wee hours of the morning with some very talented drummers for some very talented dancers. Their Oaken Excellencies and event staff ran a top notch operation of efficiency. Memories and friendships made. What more could one ask for?"
- Known World Dance - 06/14/19 (Queen): Her Majesty writes, "Home safe from KWDMS! I really enjoyed learning some dances I've never tried before and getting (a little) more familiar with an old favorite or two. I hope those who came from afar to sample Ansteorran hospitality had as much fun as we did! Congratulations to Mistress Myfanwy and her hard-working staff for putting on an impressive Known World event!" / His Majesty recollects, "Some of THE BEST singers, dancers, teachers, drummers, and musicians could be found at KWDMS. The classes and performances were beyond impressive. I learned things that I didn’t even know that I wanted to learn! Her Majesty got to focus on some European dancing while I scurried off to the drumming classes to learn what I could. We had a very short court because, well, people were there to dance and play music not attend court so that is what we did. We just had to recognize those awesome people for the awesome things they do by just being themselves. At the end of court I was asked to start off the ball by leading the first dance. Luckily Mistress Myfanwy was gracious enough to lead with me (read: lead me). I was introduced to many more dances that I did not know and danced happily to those that I did know. And then, there was the hafla. I have been to many a hafla in my time in the SCA but there has never been one to rival the skill of the musicians and dancers than this. "
- Bonwicke Artisan / King's College - 06/22/19: Her Majesty writes, "What a fun event at Bonwicke Artisan and King's College! I'm not sure how they managed to mix high energy with laid back, a day full of interesting classes with time to just hang out and chat, but the Barony of Bonwicke somehow managed! Many thanks to Their Excellencies and all the wonderful folk of Bonwicke, as well as all who traveled West to participate and enjoy. If you didn't attend, you missed a good time!" His Majesty adds, "We had the honor of Bonwicke hosting Our King’s College along with their Bonwicke Artisan event. And I tell you, travelling more in this great Kingdom has been one of the most amazing things about being Crown. I have met so many great people and have gotten to know better some that I barely knew. We have been missing out! No matter where you go in Ansteorra, we have some of the most inviting, friendly, and helpful folks you could find! The classes were great, the people were great, and the event was great, EVEN the cornhole tournament going on downstairs was great! We watched them with as much curiosity and intrigue as they did with us. Her Majesty and I, along with Their Excellencies of Bonwicke, had one of the most fun courts (in my opinion, anyways) that I have ever witnessed. I hope that everyone had as much fun as we did! There were dragons, unicorns, camels, candy and some more candy. It was such an amazing event that definitely gave Our batteries the recharge they needed."
- Steppes Artisan - 06/26/19: Her Majesty writes, "Home safe from a fantastic Steppes Artisan. Congratulations to Aelfwyn Webbestre on becoming the newest Steppes Artisan with your top-notch body of work! We have confidence that you will serve Their Excellencies well in the coming year! I got to enjoy a lovely sunset on the drive home; the storms that swept through left a glowing red and orange legacy. Thanks so much to the Barony of the Steppes for a lovely day!"
- Crown Tournament - 07/12/19 - Chivalric Circle. His Majesty writes, "Oh, Thank God, we have HEIRS!!"
- Summer Round Table - 07/20/19. His Majesty notes, "Other than a strange invasion by an Outlander, Round Table went smoothly as we conducted the Kingdom business."
- Pennsic War - 07/27 - 08/11. His Majesy writes, "Hello Ansteorra! Sultan Vladislav here sending word fame from Pennsic! Ansteorran chili night was a resounding success! Lady Jayne Cobb did an exceptional job on coordinating an amazing team that just made it all look so easy. We had a great time hosting the Known World and everyone had such a great time. Thank you from Her Majesty, myself, and all the populace that was in attendance. We are so blessed to have such amazing people that have a servant's heart. And on another note, Lady Emma de Davyntre and her crew did a fantastic job setting up and providing food for the Ansteorran Rapier tournament. Once again it was the envy of all rapier tournaments! Your efforts are so greatly appreciated and we can't thank you enough for the services you provided! Ladies, could you please call out those that helped? We appreciate you all so very much! From Her Majesty Margaret and Sultan Vladislav Shah"
- Braggart's War - 08/30/19 - Laurel & Pelican Circles
- Bryn Gwlad 40th Anniversary - 09/07/2019 - White Scarf & Masters of Defense Circles
- Ansteorra 40th Year - Sep 19-22, 2019 - Mooneschadowe -
- Three Centurions - 08/27/19 - Shire of Rosenfeld
- Namron Protectorate - 10/04/19
- Coronation (TBD) - 10/11/19
|Daniel Schade||May 4, 2019||KSCA|
|Miles Ridley||September 7, 2019||MOD|
|Etienne de Montagu||September 7, 2019||MOD|
- Head of Entourage: Sarah Fynn
- Chief Lady-in-Waiting: Michelle Chantel de Charente
- Star Signet: Safiyya bint Khalid ibn Hamdun
- Herald: Adalia VonderBerg
- There should be more music at events, livening the ambience for everyone.
- Sites that are dog-friendly and/or horse-friendly are encouraged.
- Children should be seen and heard and played with and loved.
- Gifts of largesse would be greatly appreciated.
Margaret's Coronation Garb: Simone Valery La Rousse made the clothing, and Simha bint Yusuf made the jewelry.
Vladislav's Coronation Garb: The ceremonial outer kaftan was made by Sabiha al-Zarqa' bint Hakim al-'Attar, the under-caftan and other pieces were created by Caterina Giovanni di Gilead and Anastasiia Dmitrieva Sokolova, with the braids for the caftan handmade by Masina Da Ferrara. The felt cap was made by Adena Terricsdottir, and the wrap was made by Marguerite Dinard. The Centurion cloak was made by Kyna Terricsdottir.
Loch Soilleir and Stargate Co-Baronial:
Vladislav: Roman tunic made by Masina Da Ferrara.
Princess Royal: ensemble made by Yzabeau Brossier.
Vladislav: Mask made by Dearbhail inghen Muirdoch.
Margaret places the Crown on her head. Photo by Caelin on Andrede. 04/14/19
Co-Baronial Loch Soilleir and Stargate. Photo by Francesca di Lucca. 04/20/19
Their Majesties Court at Queen's Champion. Photo by Francesca di Lucca. 05/11/19
Their Majesties at Bonwicke Artisan/King's College. Photo by Melodie Ann de Ryes. 06/22/19
Their Majesties begin the search for Their Heirs - Crown Tournament. Photo by Zubeydah. 07/13/19
Their Majesties at Pennsic War. Photo by Marguerite Dinard. August 2019